REPORT A UFO
Hotline: 206-722-3000 (use only if the sighting has occurred within the last week.)
PASSIVE RADAR UFO DETECTION PROPOSAL
At the MUFON symposium in Denver, Peter Davenport
presented his proposal for detecting UFO's in the near-Earth environment,
using "passive" radar. Download his
National UFO Reporting Center
The contents of all material available on this Internet site are copyrighted by the National UFO Reporting Center, All Rights Reserved.
RECENT ACTIVITY AND HIGHLIGHT
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 14
We have updated our database of sighting reports, as of the afternoon of Thursday, September 14th, 2017, with the posting of approximately 20 new reports, submitted to our Center over the past two days, since our last posting on September 12th.
A few reports that captured our attention this week are shown below:
· Kalamazoo, Michigan, Tuesday, @ 7:05 p.m. (Eastern)—An adult male, while walking at a local college campus, witnesses an “acorn-shaped” object in the distant sky. Witness Report
· Charlotte, North Carolina, Wednesday, @ 6:12 a.m. (Eastern)—A mother and son witness a “triangle” of orange lights in the morning sky. The mother reports that it is the second time they have witnessed such an object, over recent months. Witness Report
· Charlestown, Rhode Island, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. (Pacific)—As adult male, while relaxing on an ocean beach, witnesses several objects that look somewhat like swept-wing aircraft, but they seemed to the witness to be very unusual. Witness Report
· Kearney, Nebraska, Wednesday, September 13, 2017, at 11:30 p.m. (Central)—Telephoned Report: A husband and wife report witnessing a “phalanx-shaped” cluster of star-like lights pass overhead in rapid flight. The husband reports that the individual lights looked like stars, although they appeared to be oriented in a symmetrical formation, and that the object appeared similar to the delta-shaped craft that appeared over Phoenix, Arizona, on March 13, 1997. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, is scheduled to appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Thursday night, September 14, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m.. Peter will discuss the reports highlighted above, as well as others.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, September 14, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
Although NUFORC usually updates its website, and database of sighting reports, on Thursdays or Fridays, we have accelerated that schedule this week because of Peter Davenport’s scheduled appearance tonight as a guest on the internet based Coast to Coast “Insider” program. We thought it would be helpful to the program’s subscribers to have the latest reports posted, in order to invite comments about recent sightings and events.
The program begins at 8:00 p.m. (Pacific) on Tuesday night, September 12, 2017, and Coast to Coast AM host, George Noory, will field questions during the first half hour, followed by Peter during the second half of the program.
We highlight below a few recent reports:
· Monroe, Michigan, Saturday, September 09th, 2017, @ 10:30 p.m. (Eastern)—An adult male observer witnessed an estimated 8-12 unidentified red “orbs” drift across the nighttime sky. Witness provides a high-quality illustration of the event. NOTE: NUFORC has chosen to highlight this case, principally because it is so similar to many other similar cases, involving the sighting of clusters of red, orange, or yellow “fireballs,” or “orbs.” This type of sighting appears to have increased in frequency, beginning sometime during the month of May 2012, and it has continued unabated. Witness Report
· Tinley Park, Illinois, Saturday, July 30, 2016, @ 21:00 hrs. (Central)—An adult female reports having witnessed an estimated 25 to 35 “red-orange” self-luminous objects pass slowly overhead. Witness Report NOTE: Tinley Park, and nearby Orland Park, Illinois, were the site of similar sightings on August 21st, and October 31st, 2004.
We expect to post again on Thursday, September 14, and will include a few other photos that have been submitted to NUFORC, in the recent past.
Posted on Tuesday afternoon, September 12, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON SEPTEMBER 05TH AND SEPTEMBER 08, 2017
Over the past three days, we have updated our website on two occasions, with the posting, in aggregate, of approximately 200 new, and recently amended, reports, received since our last posting on August 24th.
This September 8th posting will be abbreviated, given that we are a bit pressed for time at the time of this update, but we will post again within the next several days, in order to include photographs we’ve received recently, as well as to highlight several very nice reports that have captured our attention.
We always issue a warning to visitors to be on the lookout for flawed or prank reports, and that warning is particularly pertinent in this posting, given the statement which follows below. We suspect that many of the people who have submitted prank calls to our Hotline probably have also submitted pranked reports.
LARGE VOLUME OF PRANK CALLS TO OUR HOTLINE – YOU CAN HELP!
Beginning on Saturday, August 26th, our Center began receiving a large volume of overtly pranked calls over its Hotline, as many as 100-150 per day! What immediately caught our attention was the fact that virtually all of the calls were being placed by young children, as young, we estimate, as perhaps 8 years of age, and as old as perhaps 13 or 14 year.
Moreover, what we find equally noteworthy was the fact that all of the prank calls are virtually the same, as if the children were being coached on how to conduct themselves during the their respective calls to the Hotline. When they call, for example, the young callers often say nothing, simply hanging on the telephone, while remaining totally mute. In the rare occasions when they actually speak during their call, they usually use a pseudonym, or babel some mishmash of unintelligible nonsense. In addition, they are generally evasive, and when queried as to where they had learned of our website, they studiously avoid responding, again, remaining mute. The calls are almost “cookie cutter” like, which we find to be both noteworthy, and unsettling.
After some investigation, we have discovered that the problem appears to be the result of a video posted to YouTube, inviting its many young followers to harass our Center with prank calls:
Many of our friends have expressed their displeasure with the offending posted video by voting to have it removed from YouTube’s website. We invite anyone who would like to assist us in this effort to cast their vote for removal of the offending website by casting their vote via the process created by YouTube site for just such a circumstance, and which we outline below:
The video is here. When you get to the page, press the icons shown below to down vote the video and report it as abusive. Thank you!
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, September 08th, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). He will discuss some recent sightings, and may discuss the problem of prank calls to our Hotline.
We will post again within the next several days.
Posted at 7:00 p.m. on Friday evening, September 08, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2017
We have updated our website, as of this date, with the posting of 117 new, and newly revised, sighting reports.
As we do with every update, we encourage visitors to our site to be on the alert for flawed, or hoaxed reports, among not only the new reports, but among those that have been posted to our site for some time.
SOLAR ECLIPSE AND UFO SIGHTINGS
For some reason that escapes our understanding, some people believe that there is an above-average likelihood of experiencing a UFO sighting during an eclipse, either solar or lunar, than there is at any other time of day or night. Our Center fails to see any objective evidence to support this claim, and the recent solar eclipse that occurred on August 21st, 2017, seems to provide support for our belief.
People may, in fact experience what they believe was a sighting of a UFO during an eclipse, but the reports submitted to NUFORC for events that occurred during the recent eclipse suggest to use that they are no more likely to occur than they are at any other time. Our Center received 20 reports for August 21st, 2017, a few of which appeared to have occurred at times when the local solar disc was in some degree of eclipse, but most of the reports appear to us to involve photographic “lens flares,” captured when people pointed their cameras directly at the Sun. Obviously, such photographic “ghost” images have nothing to do with legitimate sightings of authentic UFOs.
As is usually the case with each posting of new reports, a few have captured our attention, with this update. We share a few below:
· Bemow Piskie, Poland, July 22nd, 2017, @ 21:15 hrs. (local)—A U. S. Army Scout, providing support with a Stryker vehicle for a live-fire military exercise near a military reserve, witnesses a very brightly luminous object with his night vision devices. However, the object was not visible with the naked eye, even though the witness felt that it certainly should have been. Witness Report
· Treasure Island, Florida, Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017, @ 21:45 hrs. (Eastern)—A group of at least five witnesses observe, over the course of more than half an hour a group of different colored lights, seen above the ocean. The lights seemed to alter their positions, even radically, and they also seemed capable of positioning themselves, relative to one another. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m., Thursday, August 24, 2017. Peter will discuss several of the more interesting sighting reports that have been posted, as of this date.
Posted Thursday evening, August 24th, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON AUGUST 11 AND AUGUST 17, 2017
The NUFORC website has been updated as of Thursday, August 17, 2017, with the posting of 120 new, and newly amended, sighting reports, submitted since our last update on August 11th.
We encourage visitors to be on the outlook for errors and hoaxed reports, and in particular, among those reports that have been submitted by individuals who elect to remain anonymous, and/or who provide no contact information. We have attempted to label all the reports submitted by anonymous sources, but there may be other such reports that we failed to detect.
Some of the reports that caught our attention, and which we feel are of particular interest are the following:
· Milton, Florida, September 15, 2009 (est.), @ 14:30 hrs. (EDT) - Three adult witnesses, while out camping, observe a metallic-looking disc “glide” along a nearby roadway. They estimated that the disc was 25-30 feet in diameter, and as it moved along the tops of nearby trees, it was not more than approximately 200 feet from the witnesses. Witness Report The witness provided the drawing to the right.
· Ft. Mill, South Carolina, Friday, August 11, 2017 @ 22:57 hrs. (EDT) - Two adult observers witness, and video tape, a cluster of nine yellow lights, seen moving across the night sky. Witness Report Video
· Becket, Massachusetts, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, @ 22:20 hrs. (EDT) - Two on-duty police officers report witnessing a cluster of blue-green “orbs,” moving across the sky, and maneuvering relative to one another. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast radio program, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT), Thursday, August 17, 2017. Peter will talk about those sighting reports shown above, and several others.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, August 17 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 04TH, 2017
We have posted 144 recently submitted, or recently revised, sighting reports to our database of cases, as of the afternoon of this date.
We have proof-read the reports as carefully as our time allows, but there is always the likelihood that we have overlooked errors in the reports. With every posting, we are in the habit of encouraging visitors to our website to be on the alert for reports that appear to address something other than apparent UFO-related incidents. As we comb through the reports, we are constantly on the look-out for incidents related to reflections of the Sun from “Iridium” satellites; overflights of the International Space Station (“ISS”), and of other satellites; missile launches from Florida, California, and Virginia; sightings of stars and planets, etc., and we detect many of those types of incidents, but usually not all of them.
Hence, as visitors read through the reports, we encourage them to always be skeptical, and to be alert for flawed reports, including possible hoaxes. In particular, be skeptical of those reports from individuals who elect to remain anonymous. If you discover what you believe may be a defective or misleading report, please send a notification to email@example.com, and we will review the situation, at our earliest convenience.
The new “crop” of reports include several that have attracted our attention, and we feature several of them below:
· Montreal, Canada, Saturday, July 22nd, 2017, @ 10:15 p.m. (Eastern) [Case revisited]—We featured this report on our homepage in our July 27 posting, but we do so again, to include an illustration we have received since the first posting. Witness Report Illustration shown at right.
· Western Washington, Spokane, and Idaho, Saturday, July 29, @ 9:58 p.m. (Pacific)—A very dramatic object streaked above Puget Sound, heading from south to north, and is reported to have covered an estimated 140-150 degrees of the sky in 7-8 seconds. The report from a commercial pilot, who was driving in Yelm, Washington, with his wife is one of the more convincing reports, we find. Witness Report Please see other reports for the same time and date.
· Oakesdale/Steptoe Butte (Whitman County), Washington, Wednesday, August 02nd, 2017, @ 11:45 p.m. (Pacific)—A father and son witness together a very large cluster of perhaps two dozen unidentified lights in the western sky. The display seemed to give off a “thrumming” sound, as they moved slowly to the north. Son’s Report Father’s Report
· Lincoln, Washington, Wednesday, August 02nd, 2017, @ 11:55 p.m. (Pacific)—Three members of a family report witnessing a very large display of lights, which appeared to move from the south to the north in the western sky, above the Columbia River. Witness Report
Our Center has received a number of interesting photos, video clips, and illustrations, which we will post at a later date, perhaps this weekend.
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to appear on the radio program, Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, August 04th, 2017. Peter will discuss those reports highlighted above, and several others.
Posted Friday afternoon, August 04th, 2017.
NUFORC DATABASE OF SIGHTING REPORTS UPDATED ON JULY 14TH, 23RD, AND 27TH
Although we haven’t posted statements to our homepage since July 7th, we have kept the database of incoming UFO sighting reports current over the past three weeks, with updates on both July 14th and July 23rd, 2017. The update today makes the most recent sighting reports available.
We have devoted a great deal of time to the proof-reading and amending many of the recent reports, in order to make them more understandable than they would have been in their original form. Although we have attempted, during that process, to correct obvious errors, and eliminate obviously hoaxed reports, we suspect that our “filter” has not detected all flawed reports. Hence, we urge all visitors to our site, as they read through the reports, to be on the alert for what appear to be errors. Those reports that deserve special attention, we feel, are those from sources who elect to remain anonymous, and/or who elect to provide no contact information.
Also, we suspect that some of the reports that address a single source of light, passing generally from the western sky to the east may be the result of a sighting of the International Space Station. We simply have not had sufficient time, leading up to today’s posting, to check all of those suspicious reports against www.Heavens-Above.com, the authoritative website on the overflight schedule of the ISS, and of other major satellites.
Notable recent sightings, which caught our attention, are the following:
· Montreal, Canada, Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 @ 10:15 p.m. (local)—Three adults had gathered on the penthouse of a condominium to watch a fireworks display. Their attention was attracted by what seemed to them to be an unusual cluster of clouds directly overhead. Equally quickly, the attention of the three witnesses was drawn to a wedge-shaped object, with unblinking emerald green lights that ran along the ventral surface of the “arms” of the object, which appeared to be hovering motionless in the clouds. After a short period of time, the object simply faded from the witnesses’ view. The individual who submitted the report describes himself as holding an advanced degree in an esoteric branch of physics. Witness Report
· Tacoma, Washington, Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 @ 10:04 p.m. (Pacific)—An adult male reports having witnessed a strange-looking object, which looked to him to be two triangular objects attached to one another, which appeared to be “swimming through the sky.” The object suddenly appeared to change its trajectory through the sky, and seemed to suddenly descend vertically. Witness Report
Peter Davenport is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, July 27, 2017. Peter will discuss several intriguing sighting reports, including the two highlighted above. The program can be heard in most locations on a major AM station.
We will attempt to post again, within the next several days, and will include a few photos and illustrations that have been submitted together with reports, in the recent past.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, July 27, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, JULY 07TH, 2017
The NUFORC website has been updated as of Friday, July 07, 2017, with the posting of 267 new sighting reports, received by our Center since the afternoon of Thursday, June 22nd, 2017.
Our staff has proof-read the reports as carefully as possible, but we always caution visitors to our site to be on the lookout for flawed, or hoaxed, reports, as they read through the reports,. If you find a report that you believe contains an error, please call it to our attention by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will look into the issue at our earliest convenience.
During his last weekly appearance on Coast to Coast radio program on Friday, June 30th, 2017, Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, commented about a number of reports about a seemingly dramatic aerial event that had occurred on the East Coast of the U. S. at approximately 4:30 a.m. (EDT) on Thursday morning, June 29th. Shortly after that broadcast, it was brought to our attention that a rocket had been launched from the Wallops Island (Virginia) Flight Facility at the time, and on the date, cited by witnesses, and that the launch was an experiment, designed to release large clouds of colorful materials into the atmosphere. The event had nothing to do with the UFO phenomenon, and we apologize for possibly leading people to believe that the event might have been UFO related.
Here is a link to the webpage which discusses the launch, and where the statement below appears regarding the June 29 launch:
((BEGIN PUBLISHED STATEMENT))
June 29, 2017
4:25 a.m. EDT
suborbital Terrier-Improved Malemute
During the flight of a two-stage Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket, ten canisters about the size of a one-liter drink bottle will be deployed to 6 to 12 miles from the 670-pound main payload. Between approximately 3.5 and 5 minutes after launch, blue-green and red vapor will be deployed from the canisters forming artificial clouds. These clouds or vapor tracers allow scientists on the ground to visually track the winds in space. The development of the canister or ampoule ejection system will allow scientists to gather information over a much larger or spatial area than previously allowed when deploying the vapor just from the main payload.
((END PUBLISHED STATEMENT))
To the right are two photos that we believe are of the launch, and which were forwarded to NUFORC from witnesses in Staunton, Virginia and Massapequa, New York.
SIGHTINGS ON JULY 4TH, 2017
Over the past several years, and perhaps going back to as far as 1997, NUFORC has noted that there is a peak of sightings during fireworks displays, which appear to be distinctly unrelated to the fireworks themselves. A quick survey of sighting reports for Independence Day fireworks displays for past several years will support that statement, we believe, and sightings on July 4th of 2017, appear to be no exception to the phenomenon. We highlight below a few of the reports NUFORC has received for sightings on July 4th of this year:
· Patchogue, New York, Tuesday, July 4th, 2017, @ 20:40 hrs. (EDT)—Two adult witnesses observe a distinctly red unidentified object hovering over a fireworks display. The first craft is soon joined by a second, similar object. After the fireworks display, both objects move slowly to the north, and soon disappear from sight. The duration of the sighting is estimated by the witnesses to have been approximately 100 minutes! Witness Report
· Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Tuesday, July 4th, 2017, @ 2100 hrs. (CDT)—Two adult witnesses, mother and daughter, witness an unusual red light in the night sky. While the daughter watches the object, it changes its color to a pulsing white light, and appears to become smaller in appearance. A short time later, the light changes to a pulsing green, and suddenly appears to “jump” across the night sky. Witness Report
Peter Davenport will appear on the Coast to Coast radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, July 7th, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss some of the items addressed above, as well as several other recent reports.
Posted Friday afternoon, July 07th, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON, JUNE 22ND, 2017
We have updated our website with the posting of 127 new, or recently amended, sighting reports, most of which have been submitted to our Center, or altered, since Thursday, June 15th.
As visitors to our website read through the reports, we encourage them to be on the alerts for errors and hoaxed reports, and in particular in the case of those reports that have been submitted by individuals who elect to remain anonymous, and who provide no contact information. We make an effort to label all reports from sources who elect to remain anonymous.
PETER DAVENPORT, DIRECTOR OF NUFORC, WILL BE AWAY FROM THE CENTER FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS
Peter will be traveling, for the next several days, and away from the UFO Hotline. However, he will monitor incoming calls, and will attempt to return important calls, as quickly as possible.
During Peter’s absence from the Center, if you believe that you may have been witness to a UFO, we would like to encourage you, in lieu of telephoning the Hotline, to immediately compose a detailed written statement, in which you describe the sighting thoroughly, and submit that statement, using our Online Report Form. In that written format, your report can then be posted to our website, and shared, in anonymous form, with the public.
PHOTOGRAPHS, LENS FLARES, AND FLYING THINGS
In the course of a typical month, our Center receives many photographs, and many people ask why we do not post more photos than are seen on our homepage. The answer to that question is that most photos submitted to NUFORC, we usually end up concluding, are simply objects of terrestrial origin. Most of those photos that we receive, and which we conclude, or suspect, are not photos of genuine UFOs are those that exhibit a “lens flare,” caused when a photo is taken with the camera pointed at a bright source of light, e.g. the Sun, a full Moon, streetlights, etc.. The light that enters the camera’s lens is reflected back and forth between surfaces of the glass elements of the objective lens, and they end up forming a “ghost” image of the bright source of light.
This type of photo is taking a great deal of our time, which is being expended on items that have nothing to do with the UFO phenomenon. Consequently, we share here this week a few examples of what we strongly suspect are photos that contain lens flares, and other objects that clearly are not of authentic UFOs, with the hope that it will allow people with this type of photo to properly identify the images for what they really are.
A fact that provides a hint that an image in a photo may be a lens flare, and not a genuine object that was present when the photo was taken, is that a straight line, drawn between the “ghost” image, and the bright source of light in the photo that is presumed to have caused the image, passes through the geometrical center of the photograph.
We present below a few photos, which contain what we believe probably are lens flares, together with what the photographers have had to write about the images, following the discovery by the photographer of anomalous objects in their photo:
· Example #1: Dresden, Germany, Friday, June 2nd, 2017, @ 10:04 p.m. (local)—A woman took two photos of the Semperoper Building at the Theaterplatz, and later detected peculiar lights above the building in the nighttime sky. We suspect, but cannot be certain, that the lights seen in the night sky are lens flares, caused by the bright street lamps near the building. Witness Report Photo
· Example #2: In flight (Tokyo, Japan, to Manila, Philippines)—Date unknown. A young male photographed out the window of an airliner, and later detected a red object near the Sun. No written report submitted. Photo
Peter Davenport, Center Director, will make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday night, June 22nd, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m.
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE AND DATABASE OF SIGHTING REPORTS UPDATED ON THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2017
We have executed a hasty update of our homepage, as of this date, with the posting of 109 new, or newly revised, sighting reports. Please be alert for errors or hoaxed reports in the new postings, in particular among those that are labeled as having been submitted by anonymous sources.
There are many intriguing reports in this week’s posting, but one from Troy, Vermont, in particular, caught our attention, principally, because it was submitted together with a high-quality photograph. Also, it was of interest because it appears to address the phenomenon involving red and orange lights, seen in the nighttime sky, a phenomenon that our Center has been calling to the attention of the UFO community now for five years. We have highlighted the case below:
Troy, Vermont, Thursday, June 08th, 2017, @ 2130 hrs. (EDT)—A husband and wife witness at least three orange lights in the nighttime sky, which may have been attached to a dark object which was not visible. One of the objects appeared to ascend vertically at a rapid rate, and the other two objects moved along a different pathway in the sky. The husband reports that he used to be stationed in Afghanistan, where he was accustomed to seeing different type of munitions, so he probably is a discriminating witness. Witness Report Photo
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday night, June 15, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific). Peter will discuss the case addressed above, and several others that have been submitted over the course of the past week.
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON, FRIDAY, JUNE 09, 2017
We have updated the NUFORC website, as of this date, with the posting of approximately 140 new, or recently amended, sighting reports. The new reports are those received by our Center since approximately noon on Friday, June 02nd, 2017.
We urge visitors to our site, as they read through the newly posted material, to be on the alert for what appear to be flawed, or hoaxed, reports. We have made what we believe was a concerted effort to proof-read the reports this week, and to amend, label, or remove, suspicious reports, but we sometimes err in our screening process, and there is always the possibility that we may have may have overlooked something.
Several of the reports that appear in the database, this week, address the alleged sightings of red and orange “fireballs,” a phenomenon that our Center has been reporting on since June 2012. NUFORC has received an estimated 20,000 such reports, since the beginning of the phenomenon five years ago, and we believe that we are no closer to understanding what these objects are than we were when it first became noticeable.
We summarize below a few of the posted reports that caught our attention, this week:
· Placitas, New Mexico, August 15, 1969 (est.), @ 5:30 p.m. (MDT)—An adult male witness exited the local post office, and noticed a group of people standing and staring at a strange, transparent, and motionless pink “ball of light,” with a blue core. The Albuquerque Journal reported that a “weather balloon” had been witnessed in the area. Witness Report
· Lander/Giant Rock, California, Sunday, May 21st, 2017, @ 10:15 p.m. (PDT)—A group of approximately 50 witnesses, who were part of a sky-watching party at the Contact in the Desert conference, witnessed a yellow object (or objects) streak across the night sky, being pursued by what appeared to be a military fighter jet. Several of the witnesses have shared high-quality video of the incident, and an illustration of what the object looked like to at least one of them (below). Please see multiple reports for the incident, posted in the database of cases.
· Lovington, New Mexico, Monday, May 22nd, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. (MDT)—An adult male reports having witnessed a bright, shiny, V-shaped craft, which appeared to drop out of the bottom of a nearby cloud, then move off quickly to the west. Soon after the first sighting, a second similar craft dropped out of the same cloud and shot off to the east. Over the subsequent several minutes, five or six other craft appeared, and then accelerated off in different directions. Witness Report
· Parker/Aurora, Colorado, Wednesday, June 07, 2017, @ 4:45 p.m. (MDT)—An adult male reports having witnessed three dark objects, which initially appeared to be hovering almost motionless in the distant sky. One of the three objects moved away from the group, and then returned to its original position. A video (334 mbytes), which we have not viewed yet, can be accessed here. Witness Report
· Annapolis, Maryland, June 06, 2017, @ 10:00 p.m. (EDT)—An adult male, who describes himself as a medical professional, reports having witnessed a peculiar fireball, almost the size of a full Moon, streak across a large expanse of the nighttime sky, leaving a trail behind it. He allowed for the possibility that the object may have been a meteor, but he didn’t believe it was because of its strange appearance. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at 10:15 p.m. (Pacific), on Friday night, June 09, 2017. Peter will discuss those reports cited above, as well as several more recent cases.
Posted Friday afternoon, June 09th, 2017
REPORTS UPDATED ON FRIDAY JUNE 2, 2017
Following Peter Davenport’s extended absence from the Center during May, our website it now updated, with the posting today of 207 accumulated sighting reports, and the telephone Hotline is now back to its normal operation.
We express our gratitude to all those people who refrained from making telephone calls to the Hotline, or who left only brief messages, during Peter’s absence from the Center during the McMenamins UFO Festival in McMinnville, Oregon, during May 18th to the 21st. With the smaller than usual load of telephone calls, Peter was able to respond to virtually all of the calls placed to the Hotline during his absence.
With every new update of our website, we invariably warn visitors to the site to be on the lookout for flawed reports, and in particular, reports that have been submitted from sources who elect to remain anonymous, and who provide no contact information.
Peter Davenport will appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, June 02nd, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT). Peter will discuss some of the recent sightings that have reported during the past week.
Over the past two weeks, NUFORC has received a large number of photographs, submitted by witnesses, although most of them appear to us to be so ambiguous as to be of little interest, with a few exceptions. However, we are sorting through the photos and performing a second screening process, and may post some of them over the weekend, or perhaps next week. We need a bit more time than we have at the time of this posting to screen them carefully, before we present them as photographs of authentic UFOs.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017
We have performed a hasty update of the website, as of this date, with the posting of approximately 68 recently received sighting reports.
We always caution visitors to our website, as they read through the new reports, to be on the alert for flawed reports, or attempts to slip prank reports past our proof-reader. We believe that we detect most of them, but we don’t “bat 1,000” in that capacity, yet.
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will be in attendance at the 18th annual McMenamins UFO Festival, which is held in McMinnville, Oregon, located approximately an hour’s drive southwest of Portland. Details of the Festival, including the list of scheduled speakers, can be seen at the conference homepage.
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly brief appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, May 11, 2017. Peter will discuss a few of the reports received since his last appearance on the program on Friday, May 5th.
As mentioned above, this is an update we make in some haste, in order to get the most recent reports posted, in preparation for Peter’s appearance on Coast to Coast AM tonight. We may post again during the upcoming weekend.
Statement posted on Thursday afternoon, May 11, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON SATURDAY, MAY 06TH, 2017
We have updated the NUFORC website, as of this date, with the posting of 105 new sighting reports that have been received since the evening of Friday, April 28th, 2017. A few of the new reports are highlighted below.
We always urge visitors to our site, as they read through the reports, to be on the alert for flawed or hoaxed reports. We have proof-read the reports as carefully as we can, but there always is the possibility that a report may have slipped through our “filter.”
Here are a few reports that we believe deserve special attention:
· Fords, New Jersey, Saturday, April 29, 2017, @ 1905 hrs. (EDT)—An adult male reports that while sitting in a laundromat, looking through a large window, he witnessed a brilliantly white, somewhat elongated craft drop down out of the sky at a 70-degree (est.) angle of descent. He reports that the edges of the craft were a bit “blurry,” and that the object appeared to be headed to a nearby warehouse park. His impression was that the object may have landed there. Witness Report
· Woods Hole, Massachusetts, Saturday, April 29, 2017, @ 2030 hrs. (EDT)—Two adult witnesses, both of whom are trained research-grade scientists, were sitting outside, admiring the night sky, when one called the attention of her colleague to a formation of rectangular-shaped, somewhat yellow in color, lights, in a phalanx-shaped formation, passing overhead at a rapid rate. Two of the yellow lights appeared to switch positions with one another, after which the formation stopped and remained motionless in position for a short period of time. Shortly after the formation had stopped, the whole cluster reportedly just faded from view. Witness Report
· Lawrenceville, New Jersey, Monday, May 1st, 2017, @ 2100 (EDT)—A young woman and a male friend were preparing dinner in her kitchen, when and intensely bright shaft of blue light suddenly flashed through the kitchen for approximately two seconds’ duration. The light was so bright that it left the two witnesses “light blinded” for several seconds, following the flash. Witness Report
· Portland, Oregon, Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017, @ 2100 hrs. (PDT)—Two witnesses stand outside for twenty minutes, observing three lights in the night sky. The lights appeared to maneuver for several minutes, first forming a triangular pattern, and then arranged into a horizontal, straight-line formation. The primary light on one of the objects appeared to dim, revealing prominent flashing red and white lights. All three lights departed and disappeared from sight, after which one of them returned to the same location where it had been in the sky. One witness captured the photo shown to the right. Witness Report
A STUDY OF UFO SIGHTING “HOTSPOTS” IN OREGON
We recently received an e-mail from Mr. Keith Rowell, webmaster for the Oregon chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, regarding his investigation of possible UFO “hotspots” in that state. His findings, which are quite interesting, can be found here: http://www.oregonmufon.com/index.php/ufo-statistics/145-oregon-ufo-hotspots . We express our gratitude to Keith for his analysis of the data, and for his allowing NUFORC to link to his findings on the Oregon MUFON website!
NUFORC probably will update its website within the next several days, and will provide links and more photos that have been submitted to our Center.
Posted on Saturday afternoon, May 06th, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017
We have updated our website with the posting of 132 new, and recently amended, sighting reports, most of which have been received since our last posting on April 20th.
We encourage visitors to the site, as they read through the new reports, to be on the alert for flawed and prank reports, and in particular, among those reports that are submitted by anonymous sources. We suspect that those reports from sources who choose not to identify themselves have a higher-than-average likelihood of being hoaxes, although that clearly is not the case for all such reports, some of which we find to be quite interesting, and convincing.
Some of the newly posted reports that we found to be of particular interest this week are the following:
· Churchill/Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, December 31st, 1979, @ ~2100 hrs. (EST)—An adult male, who describes himself as an aerospace engineer, was walking to a New Year’s party, when he looked into the night sky and witnessed a dark, or black, cigar-shaped object. The object was sitting motionless in the sky for approximately 7-10 seconds, long enough, the witness believed for him to be able to see the object clearly. The object just seemed to disappear, without appearing to have moved at all. It just “winked” out. Witness Report
· Vance AFB, Oklahoma, Tuesday, April 25th, 2017, @ 2115 hrs. (CDT)—Two adult males, both experienced aviation specialists, report having witnessed a strange, triangular craft streak across the night sky, below clouds. The object exhibited no marker lights, which surprised the witnesses, and it covered most of the visible sky in under ten seconds. The object was silent. Witness Report
· Ponca City, Oklahoma, Tuesday, April 25th, 2017, @ 0000 hrs. (CDT)—An adult woman was flying on a commercial jet airliner, looking out her window into the midnight sky, when she suddenly witnessed two bizarre looking objects that appeared to be not too distance from the aircraft she was on. One of the objects was shaped like a horseshoe, yellow in color, and the other looked like a classic disc-shaped saucer. Witness Report
· Parsonsfield, Maine, Tuesday, April 25th, 2017, @ 2100 hrs. (EDT)—An adult male reports witnessing an unidentified red object, that appeared to “dance” above the White Mountains of New Hampshire. After several minutes of watching the object, the witness observed a very bizarre yellow/orange flash of light, at which time a second red object suddenly appeared. A short time later, a second flash occurred, and both objects suddenly disappeared. Witness Report
· Florida (many locations), Tuesday, April 25th, 2017, @ 2350 hrs. (EDT)—Approximately a dozen high-quality sighting reports were submitted in rapid sequence by witnesses in multiple locations in Florida…Pinellas Park, Miami, Largo, Plant City, Seminole, West palm Beach, Port Charlotte, Plantation, Apollo Beach, Clearwater, Jupiter, and Bradenton. Three adult witnesses in Largo reported having had a disc-shaped object descend out of nearby clouds, and hover briefly near their residence in the night sky. They report that the object suddenly darted back into the same area of the sky from which it had first come, disappearing again into the clouds. Please see reports from Florida for the night in question.
· New Brunswick, New Jersey, Friday, April 28th, 2017, @ 1030 hrs. (EDT)—And here is a report that arrived moments ago, after we had initiated updating the website:
Duration: 2 minutes
Sighting City: New Brunswick
Sighting State: NJ
Sighting Zip: 08901
Sighting County: Middlesex
Witnesses: 1 (possibly multiple)
Number of Craft: 1
Description: Shiny, silver disk witnessed high in sky above highway I-287 in New Jersey.
On my drive home early from my job as a senior research laboratory technician on I-287 South in New Jersey, I caught a glimpse of a shiny metallic object in the sky. The sky was crystal clear blue with not a single cloud in sight. At first I dismissed it as a plane, but with longer examination I realized it was a slim, nearly-flat silver disk with no vapor trail. It appeared to slowly hover to the South then in seconds it swiftly changed direction and zipped off to the East and completely vanished. I noticed other drivers had slowed and were looking and pointing at the same region of the sky where I witnessed the craft.
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, is scheduled to appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, on Friday night, April 28th, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT). Peter will discuss those reports addressed above, and perhaps others, as well.
Posted on Friday evening, April 28th, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, APRIL 20, 2017
Our website has been updated, as of the afternoon of Thursday, April 20th, with the posting to our database of cases 154 new, or newly amended, sighting reports. As we do with every new posting of reports, we urge visitors to our website to be on the alert for defective reports. If you encounter a report that appears to be flawed, or bogus, please send your observation to email@example.com, and we will address the issue at our earliest convenience.
Several of the newly posted reports have caught our attention, and we feature them below:
· Newton, Alabama, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, @ 23:55 hrs. (EDT)—Two adults report witnessing a triangular-shaped craft, which exhibited an estimated seven white lights on its leading edge, passed overhead silently, and at very high speed. They both estimated that its apparent size, from their vantage point, was larger than that of a full Moon. Witness Report 1 Witness Report 2 Drawing below.
· North Myrtle Beach/Garden City/Surfside Beach, South Carolina, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, @ 20:50 hrs. (EDT)—Three seemingly independent groups of witnesses report sightings of peculiar orange lights in Horry County, SC, at approximately the same time, and on the same night. Witness Report 1 Witness Report 2 Witness Report 3
· Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, @ 08:16 hrs. (CDT)—An adult male, who describes himself as an experienced public employee, with military background, reports having witnessed a highly-reflective, spherical object move across the clear, cloudless sky, coursing generally from north to south. The object seemed to simply disappear instantly. Witness Report
· Garden City, South Carolina, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, @ 02:53 hrs. (EDT)—An adult male, who works as a bartender, took his dogs out for a late-night walk, when he became aware of a “pink/yellow” light in the dark morning sky, which he first assumed to be a planet. As he watched the object, however, he quickly realized that it was moving slowly across the sky. Within seconds, the witness reports, a second similar light appeared in the sky, moved toward the first light, and the two lights “merged,” becoming noticeably brighter than either one separately, and their shape appeared to change. Witness Report
· Kent/Uniontown, Ohio, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, @ 22:20 hrs. (EDT)—A woman leaves volleyball practice at Kent State University, and as she drives to her parents’ residence, she becomes aware of a very bright light, which appears to be following her vehicle, and perhaps illuminating it. As she is sitting at a red traffic signal, the object suddenly accelerates dramatically, and jumps a significant distance across the sky, scaring her very badly. Her father witnessed the object, as well. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT) on Thursday night, April 20, 2017. Peter will discuss the cases above, and several others.
Posted Thursday afternoon, April 20th, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY ON APRIL 13, 2017
We have posted to our website approximately 130 new, and newly revised, sighting reports, received since the evening of April 7th, 2017.
We always caution visitors to our site, as they read through the reports, to be on the alert for defects in the reports, most of all with regard to the time and date of an alleged incident. Also, please be alert for possible hoaxes among the reports, which sometimes escape our attention as we proof-read them.
We highlight below a few of the reports which we found to be of particular interest this week:
· South Carolina (in-flight; above), Wednesday, April 12, 2017, @ 6:00 p.m. (EDT)—A person who describes himself, or herself, as a military pilot, reports having had an unidentified, diamond-shaped, metallic-looking object pass within a very close proximity to a military aircraft being piloted by the witness. Witness Report
· Georgia/South Carolina/North Carolina, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, @ 8:54 p.m. (approximate time) (EDT)—Multiple witnesses, stretching from Washington, Georgia, to Gastonia, North Carolina, reported having witnessed a very dramatic fireball pass rapidly across the nighttime sky. Many witnesses were strongly of the opinion that the object was not a meteor, given the absence of a smoky trail behind it, and given that the object allegedly was witnessed by at least one witness to slow to a stop, and then shoot off along a different path from the path it had initially been following. Witness Report 1 Witness Report 2
· Murray, Utah, Wednesday, April 12, 2017, @ 8:00 p.m. (MDT)—An adult male, who describes himself as a long-time employee in the aerospace industry, describes his having witnessed a strange-looking, black object streak across the clear and cloudless nighttime sky. The object allegedly covered almost the entire sky in an estimated 4 to 6 seconds. Witness Report
Another report which we had intended to highlight during March is the following:
· Grand Terrace, California, Friday, March 10th, 2017, @ 8:45 p.m. (PDT)—A husband and wife, out walking their dogs, witness a cluster of approximately 24 unidentified white lights, hovering in the nighttime sky. The witnesses reported the incident to the press, which gave the incident no coverage. Witness Report They supplied the phot at right.
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday night, April 13, 2015. He will discuss the cases above, as well as others that have been submitted recently.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, April 13, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, APRIL 07TH, 2017
We have updated the website and database of sighting reports as of this date, with the posting of 188 reports that have been either received or amended by our Center since March 23rd, 2017.
We have succeeded in doing this week what we feel is a better-than-average job of correcting errors, and either deleting or “flagging” flawed reports, but there is always the chance that defective reports may have escaped our attention. Consequently, as visitors read through the new reports, we encourage them to be on the alert for possible errors, as well as for out-and-out hoaxes, which sometimes escape our attention.
CLARIFICATION REGARDING PAST SIGHTING REPORTS
For some reason that escapes our understanding, some visitors to our website are left with the impression that NUFORC is interested only in recent sightings, i.e. those that have occurred within the past week, or month. However, that certainly is not the case, and we welcome reports of suspected sightings of UFOs, no matter how long ago they occurred.
We highlight below a report of a long-past sighting, which we received recently regarding an event witnessed in July 1950 by three young teenage men who were driving in the mountains near Quincy, California, and who encountered a metallic-looking, disc-shaped object, seen hovering over a nearby mountains. Please click on the link to the report submitted by one of the three young witnesses. Witness Report
And here is another report we received from a gentleman who experienced a more recent sighting, together with a number of his co-workers at the Newport News, Virginia Shipyard:
Newport News, Virginia, April 5th, 2017 @ 05:10 a.m. (EDT)—An adult male was standing beside the ship he was working on, taking his morning break, when he observed a large, dark-colored triangular craft, which complex blinking lights, pass overhead slowly. Several co-workers also witnessed the craft, although they have elected not to submit reports about the incident, out of concern for their employment. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to appear on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Friday night, April 7th, 2017, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific Daylight Time). Peter will discuss the two sightings above, and several others. The program can be heard in all areas of the U. S., and around the world, on local AM radio stations.
We will post again soon, and will include several photos that we have received recently.
This update was posted on Friday afternoon, April 7th, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, MARCH 23RD, 2017
Our website, and database of sighting reports, have been updated as of this date, with the posting of 116 new, or recently amended, reports, submitted to our Center since Friday, March 17.
We have proofread the reports, to the best of our ability, but there is always the possibility that some flawed, or even hoaxed, reports may have slipped through our “screening” process. Hence, as visitors to our website read through the reports, we urge them to be on the alert for reports that may contain errors. If you find what you believe may be a flawed report, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will address the issue at our earliest convenience.
One of this week’s reports that captured our attention is highlighted below:
New Orleans/Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana, Tuesday, March 21st, 2017, @ 1900 hrs. (local)—A chief engineer aboard a 240-foot long commercial delivery ship reports that he, along with several of his shipmates, witnessed a disc-shaped object rise out of the Gulf of Mexico, hover for a short time, and then suddenly accelerate, and streak off into the evening sky. The witness estimated that the diameter of the object was approximately five times the length of the ship he was working on. His belief is that a total of as many as 50 people, working on nearby ships, may have seen the object, as well. Witness Report
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio Thursday night, March 23rd, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT). Peter will focus on the case addressed above, as well as on several others.
Posted on Thursday afternoon, March 23rd, 2017.
WE BEGIN BY WISHING A HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY TO ALL OF THOSE WHO CELEBRATE THAT HOLIDAY!!
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON FRIDAY, MARCH 17, 2017
We have updated our website, as of this date, with the posting to our database of approximately 115 new, and recently amended, sighting reports, most of which having been submitted to our Center since March 10th.
We have proofread the reports as carefully as time permits, but there may still be a few reports in those we have posted that are flawed, or which may be intentional hoaxes. Every time we update the NUFORC website, we encourage visitors to allow for the fact that some of the reports may be defective, and in particular, with regard to the time and date of an alleged sighting. Also, some may be out-and-out hoaxes, particularly those submitted by individuals who wish to remain anonymous.
A few of the reports that have captured our interest are the following:
· Tacoma, Washington, Sunday, March 12, 2017, @ 1945 hrs. (PDT)—Two adults, mother and daughter, witnessed a large cluster of bright lights, seen drifting across the night sky in a random pattern for approximately 10 minutes. The objects rose in to the clouds and disappeared from sight. Note: At the time of this writing, we are unable to certify that the objects reported were not so-called “sky” lanterns, or “Chinese” lanterns, which are sometimes launched at celebrations. However but we post this case, nevertheless, hoping that the report may induce other witnesses to come forward, who may also have seen the objects, and/or someone who knows what the objects were. Witness Report Photo to right.
· Lava Hot Springs, Idaho, Tuesday, March 14, 2017, @ 2210 hrs. (MDT)—An adult male, who describes himself as a former member of the U. S. Coast Guard, witnessed a very peculiar looking object hovering in the night sky. The object appeared to exhibit three separate lights, which were red, yellow, and white. After the object had remained almost motionless in the night sky, it suddenly appeared to “explode” into at least two separate fragments, and fall to the ground. The witness reported the sighting to a local law enforcement unit. Witness Report
· And here is a report of a sighting in Anchorage, which just arrived, and which was submitted by a gentleman who describes himself as an “engineer”:
Duration: 20 seconds
Sighting City: Anchorage
Sighting State: AK
Sighting Zip: 99508
Number of Craft: 1
3 orbs in the shape of a triangle, morphed to a long thin line of light above tree line in Anchorage
While taking the dog for a walk, at University Lake in Anchorage, we headed through a treed trail, and on to a clearing. After several seconds, my daughter said, “Dad, look at the lights in the trees.” To the north, I saw three white orbs in the shape of a triangle rise above the tree line. It appeared to turn West, and as doing so, the “orbs” turned into a long thin bright white light. Like a long fluorescent light bulb, but so much brighter. It then headed West and no lights were visible. I opened my eyes wide to let as much light in as possible (the moon was not above the horizon at the time). That is when I noticed the shape, very much like a box kite, but with triangles on top and bottom; essentially an elongated diamond.
We stood there for about a minute after and headed back down the wooded trail talking about what we had seen. After about 40 yards, I said let’s go back. I was shining my flashlight on the tree line and my daughter said that if we see anything, she will record it with her IPhone.
Once again, three orbs in the shape of a triangle appeared in the same spot slowly rising above the tree line. This time my daughter took out her phone to record and her phone died. She said it was at 60%. The same scenario as above played out, the orbs turned to one long bright light, then as headed West was just a dark silhouette of an elongated diamond until it went out of view (total time about 20 seconds each occurrence. At this point we left as it was cold. My daughters phone did not turn back on until we got home and plugged it in. it immediately showed 62% of battery power.”
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (PDT) on Friday night, March 17, 2017. Peter will discuss the two reports above, together with several others.
Statement posted on Friday afternoon, March 17, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2017
We have updated the NUFORC website…the first update since February 23rd…with the posting, as of this date, to our database of approximately 266 new, and newly revised, sighting reports.
We always encourage visitors to our website, as they read through the reports, to be on the lookout for flawed reports, and that warning is particularly a propos, given the multiple planets that are currently visible in the evening and morning skies. As anyone reading through the reports will note, the new reports are fraught with cases of mistaken identification of the planet, Venus, in the western sky, during the early and mid-portion of the evening. We have attempted to properly identify those flawed reports, but we suspect that many reports still remain among the new reports, which have not been properly labelled as sightings of celestial bodies.
A few of the recent reports that we would like to call to the attention of visitors of our site are the following:
· Ypsilanti, Michigan, Wednesday, March 08, 2017,—Two observers report having sighted a peculiar cluster of strange lights, allegedly seen hovering in the direction of a local body of water. The lights reportedly hovered in the nighttime sky for approximately one hour. The witness provides what appears to NUFORC to be high quality photos and video. If anyone visiting the NUFORC website saw the same objects, or knows what they were, we would like to invite that person to submit a written report, using our Online Report Form. See the video here
· Tulsa, Oklahoma, June 20, 2015, @ 13:30 hrs. (CDT)—Two sisters and their mother report having witnessed a strange looking, “barbell-shaped” object in the afternoon sky. Witness Report
We will update the NUFORC site, and share more photos and illustrations, within the next several days.
Peter Davenport usually does a weekly UFO update on the Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by George Noory, but his appearance could not be scheduled this week. Peter probably will appear again on Friday of next week, March 17, 2017.
Posted Friday evening, March 10, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2017
We have updated our website, with the posting of approximately 88 new, or newly revised, sighting reports. When reading the reports, please be on the alert for errors and hoaxed reports…and reports about the planet, Venus, which currently is very prominent in the southwestern, and later, the western sky, during the early evening hours.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT A “SIGHTING” OF VENUS. OUR TELEPHONE HOTLINE IS RECEIVING APPROXIMATELY 200 EXTRANEOUS TELEPHONE CALLS PER WEEK REGARDING VENUS, AND THOSE CALLS ARE NOW TAKING THE MAJORITY OF OUR TIME.
UFO/PARANORMAL SUMMIT, OCEAN SHORES, WASHINGTON, SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH, 2017
Peter Davenport, Center Director, is scheduled to speak at the UFO/Paranormal Summit on Saturday afternoon, February 25th, 2017. Details can be obtained at: http://www.quinaultbeachresort.com/ufoparanormal-summit/
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the Coast to Coast radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m., Friday, February 24th, 2017. Peter will discuss some recently submitted cases, which may include the following:
Capitola, California, Friday, February 13, 2017, @ 20:00 hrs. (PST)—A young woman witnessed six distinctly red objects, hovering for approximately 15 minutes, which all appeared to ascend, and fade into the night sky. Witness Report Photo
Distant Early Warning Line, Canada and the northern U. S., early 1950’s—A former member of the U. S. Air Force writes about the many detections, and attempted intercepts, of UFOs by the DEW line radar system. ((PLEASE LINK TO SIGHTING REPORT #132696.))
Posted Thursday afternoon, February 23rd, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17th, 2017
Peter Davenport, Director of NUFORC, is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday evening, February 17th, 2017. Peter will discuss several of the reports that have been posted to the NUFORC website on this date.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATE ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 03RD, 2017
We have updated the website, and database of sighting reports, with the posting of 103 new reports, received by our Center since Friday afternoon, January 27, 2017.
As we always share with visitors to our website, as you read the reports, please be on the alert for errors and prank reports. We make every effort to correct errors, and either remove or properly label hoaxes, but we suspect that we do not detect all of them. If you detect what you believe to be an error, or a prank report, please send a notification to email@example.com, and we will address the issue as promptly as we can.
Sahuarita, Arizona, Saturday, January 28, 2017, @ 20:50 hours (Mountain)—A husband, his wife, and their adult son were outside, intending to photograph the planet, Venus, when their attention was drawn to a cluster of orange lights, arranged in a triangular pattern, moving across the night sky. The objects moved to the south, and disappeared over the horizon, south-southwest from the witnesses’ location. Witness Report
We will update the website again, within the next several days, and will attempt to post more photos and illustrations than we are able to do in this posting.
Posted Friday night, February 03rd, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY NIGHT, JANUARY 26, 2017
We have performed an abbreviated update of the NUFORC website, with the posting of 70 recent written reports to our database of cases. The cases include a number of very interesting incidents, to include a possible abduction, and a possible animal mutilation case, both incidents from the summer of 1967.
We urge visitors to our website, as they read through the cases, to be on the alert for hoaxed, and otherwise flawed, reports. If you encounter a case that you believe may be flawed, or an out-and-out hoax that we have failed to detect, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will review the case, as quickly as we are able to do so.
SIGHTINGS OF VENUS AND SIRIUS
NUFORC has been receiving an unusually large number of reports recently of both the planet, Venus, and the star, Sirius. Tonight’s posting is heavily “peppered” with many reports of a very bright object in the southwest, or west, sky, seen during the early and mid-part of the even evening. Venus is so bright, currently, that many people find it difficult to believe that it is merely a planet, and oftentimes flatly refuse to accept that fact. However, that bright object in the southwest sky is Venus, and we would be most grateful if people would refrain from telephoning our Hotline about it, and/or submitting a written report about it. Such reports are taking a great deal of our time, and unnecessarily so.
The star, Sirius, is a very bright, and very colorful, star, that is seen currently in the southeastern, or southern sky, during the latter part of any evening. It is easily identified by the fact that it is situated to the left of, and slightly below, the easily recognized constellation, “Orion,” and it is the brightest star visible from Earth. Many people are reporting it as a “UFO,” but it is just a very visible star, and, like Venus, it need not be reported to our Center. We are already aware of its existence. Thank you!!
Peter is scheduled to make his weekly appearance on the radio program, Coast to Coast AM, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday night, January 26, 2017. Peter usually makes his appearance, beginning at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific).
We will update the website again, to include the posting of some interesting photos and video, within the next several days.
Statement posted on Thursday night, January 26, 2017.
NUFORC HOMEPAGE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2017
We have updated our website, as of this date, with the posting of 99 new, or revised, sighting reports, most of which have been submitted to our Center since Thursday, January 12, 2017. In our haste during the proofreading process, we may have overlooked errors and bogus reports, so we urge visitors to our website to be on the alert for errors and pranks, as they read through the new reports. If you note an error, or suspect a hoax, please send a note to email@example.com, and we will look at the report, at our earliest convenience.
Peter Davenport is scheduled to appear for several hours on Midnight in the Desert, hosted by Heather Wade, beginning at 10:00 p.m. (Pacific), on Thursday night, January 19, 2017. Peter will discuss his experiences in the field of ufology; his views about the U. S. press vis-à-vis UFOs; his thoughts regarding the U. S. government’s role in the presumed UFO cover-up; some thoughts about recently submitted sighting reports; and about his proposal to use “passive” radar to detect UFOs in the near-Earth environment.
Peter will make his weekly 3-5 minute-long appearance on Coast to Coast AM, hosted by George Noory, at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) on Friday night, January 20, 2017. Peter will discuss several recent cases.
We would like to highlight two cases, which were submitted to our offices recently:
· Tokishi Shima Island, Japan, June 1st (est.), 1966, @ 1200 hrs. (local)—A former USAF radar operator alleges to have been witness to a radar intercept of what were interpreted by radar personnel to have been five disc-shaped objects, initially detected at approximately 25 (statute) miles to the north of the radar unit. The source of the report asserts that three jet fighters were “scrambled” to the area where the discs were being detected, but that the discs appeared to avoid the aircraft by disappearing from radar, and perhaps from the pilots’ sight. At least seven USAF personnel were witness to the alleged event. Witness Report
· Fort Collins, Colorado, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, @ 2330 hrs. (Mountain)—A male engineering student reports having witnessed a cluster of 5-7 (est.) fluorescent green objects pass rapidly overhead, moving from south to north at a very rapid angular velocity, and disappearing from his sight in the northern sky. The witness asserts that the formation of lights shifted from a chevron pattern, to a straight line, as they moved rapidly to the north, passing through approximately 100-120 degrees of arc in, he estimates, 5-10 seconds. Witness Report
Posted on Thursday night, January 19, 2017.
NUFORC WEBSITE UPDATED ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2017
The NUFORC website has been updated as of the evening of Thursday, January 12, 2017, with the posting of 72 new sighting reports, received since Friday afternoon, January 06th, 2017.
We have worked unusually diligently this week to remove errors from the reports, and to remove prank reports from the database, but there is always a possibility of flawed reports being posted to our site. Hence, we always urge all visitors to our website to be on the alert for flawed, or hoaxed, reports, when reading through our database of sightings, given that virtually all of them are uninvestigated, and undocumented.
Peter Davenport, NUFORC Director, will make his weekly appearance on Coast to Coast AM radio program, hosted by Mr. George Noory, on Thursday, January 12, 2017. Peter usually appears at approximately 10:15 p.m. (Pacific) for 3-5 minutes, and will discuss some recently received cases, to include the following:
· East Orange, Vermont, Saturday, November 11, 1979, (est.) @ approximately 0130 hrs.—A father and son travel from Massachusetts to East Orange, Vermont, to overnight in their hunting trailer, and planning to be ready for opening day of deer season. As they approach their trailer from the other side of a valley, they are at first confused by why the lights in the trailer are illuminated, and why they look so strange from a distance. They quickly reason that it may be because a relative has arrived before them, and he is up late, waiting for their arrival. They learn later that the relative was, in fact, still in Massachusetts, and had not traveled to Vermont at all, that weekend. Very interesting case. Witness Report
· Borrego Springs/Superstition Hill, California, June 1st, 1997, @ 1800 hrs. (PDT)—Two young men are camped in an area where U. S. Navy jets are practicing low-altitude maneuvers. Later that night, the side of Table Mountain suddenly is illuminated by a peculiar looking object, that simply rises slowly, and vertically, against the side of the mountain, and then descends back to where it had come from. Shortly after that first sighting, the two men detected a “nebulous blob of sparkly lights” in the night sky. Witness Report
· Orland Park, Illinois, Monday, September 05th, 2016, @ 0400 hrs. (CDT)—A man, who describes himself as a public employee, awakes in his bedroom, and is alarmed to discover three peculiar wounds on his forearm, oriented in an isosceles triangular pattern. He was possible witness to a peculiar flash of green light, possibly on that night, and allegedly on subsequent nights, as well. Witness Report
NUFORC will update its site again, possibly over the upcoming weekend, or later next week.
WE HAVE MOVED!
After 32 years in the Seattle area, the National UFO Reporting Center is moving to a new locale in eastern Washington, a decommissioned U. S. Air Force ICBM missile base, located between the towns of Davenport and Harrington, WA, in Lincoln County. This photo of our new "digs" shows the property as it looked in the early 1960's. Click here for highres. Once the facility is cleaned and renovated, which may take up to a year, our headquarters will operate out of this facility, which was the first underground missile complex commissioned by the U. S. government.
Our telephone service should operate smoothly, since all incoming calls to our Hotline will be automatically forwarded to our telephone. In addition, we anticipate that our internet services will be uninterrupted, although it may require several days for us to activate our new high-speed internet connection. Hence, please be patient while we get these services set up, and operating smoothly.
For a list of past featured reports and highlights click here.