NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 1/1/1980 23:30 (Entered as : 01/01/80 23:30)
Reported: 2/9/2000 02:45
Posted: 3/4/2003
Location: Chicopee, MA
Shape: Diamond
Duration:5 minutes
I heard a noise like thunder, went to the kitchen window and saw a black diamond-shaped craft hovering over the porch.

I woke up hearing a noise like thunder. Out of my bedroom window I saw an orange fireball flying by, so I went into the kitchen to look out the window and told my sister to come and see the meteor coming down. When I opened the curtains my sister and I saw a black diamond-shaped craft hovering over the porch. It was about ten feet wide and had large green lights on the points of the diamond. A very low rumbling sound shook the house, the window glass was rattling and the sound seemed to be going through my chest. We watched it for a few minutes, then the thing slid off the porch roof horizontally, then lifted up and flew away. It was blacker than the sky, and it seemed to be flying fast and slow at the same time. Then 4 jets from the Westover Air Force Base chased it but were far too slow to catch up with it. My sister and I started to walk out of the kitchen, but I don't remember going to bed. I woke up a few hours later, my parents were home and they were yelling at my sister because she was sitting in front of the TV with her eyes bugged out, shaking. Then I noticed that I was tucked into bed with my slippers on, which I had not been wearing when I got up to look at the object. My hair was spread out on the pillow and my arms were crossed mummy-style when I woke up. My door was locked, so my parents had not tucked me in-- and I was too old for that anyway, since I was 14 at the time. The strangest thing is that I never spoke to my sister about this, and I had a false memory of having told my best friend about it. It was five years before I fully remembered what had happened.