NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/17/1990 17:55 (Entered as : 11/17/90 17:55 pm)
Reported: 3/15/2000 18:55
Posted: 3/21/2003
Location: Kenton, MI
Shape: Cigar
Duration:20-30 seconds
At dusk, my Dad and I were walking out of our blinds after deer hunting and our attention was drawn to the lights in the sky, not far above us. One object was shaped like a pipe with lights on each end; the other was just a light by itself.

My Dad and I were out in the woods deer hunting and when it got too dark to hunt, my Dad walked over to my blind to get me. Just after we left my blind at about 5:55 that evening, our attentions were drawn to some lights up in the sky. There were no clouds and no wind that evening and it was still light enough out, that you couldn't see any stars yet, nor did you need a flash light to see where you were going. My Dad and I saw them at the same time. They weren't that far up into the sky; maybe a 1000 feet or less. The larger object was the shape of a pipe (but of course, much larger) with a bright light at each end of it. They seemed to be as bright and as large as head lights would be on a car. The other object was sightly lower and to the left of the larger object and it was just a light. Neither of them made any sound and they just hovered in one spot; we never saw them move. My Dad then drew up his gun to look at them through his scope. When he did this, they slowly dimmed their lights and disapeared, vanishing, without ever moving! It was as if they were watching us. As light as it still was out there, we should have been able to see the outline of the objects, in the air, but they were gone. I was shaking soo hard after we saw them, I had a hard time walking out. Note: Earlier that evening, we heard military jets flying around the area. I don't ever recall hearing them fly around there in the 16 years I've hunted there. Do you think they were looking for something? Note: After we came home, after our week of hunting, I did create an ink and watercolor painting, of the objects. I would submit them, but I didn't know how to scan and email pictures yet. If you would like a copy of the painting, contact me and I'll mail you one.