NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/15/1980 21:42 (Entered as : 06/15/80 21:42)
Reported: 5/18/2000 13:44
Posted: 3/21/2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Shape: Triangle
Duration:40 minutes
A large dumbbell shaped ufo appeared, and then it seemed to be engaged (as if in violation of something) by three smaller triangle ufos

A friend and I were driving home from playing video games one evening. We were near the intersection of Bell Rd. and Mufreesboro Rd. travelling south, when we noticed a very large object that looked like a giant dumbbell in the sky. I saw on the dash radio when we got out it was 9:42pm as immediately prior to the beginning of the incident I was changing the radio station. The object came in very slow from the NE, and then turned paralell to the road we were on. It came to a stop. As it came to a stop another vehicle, a station wagon, stopped with us. Out of it got a man, a woman, a boy, and a oyung girl. We estimated it to be about a half of a mile to a mile away. It appeared to hover. There was no sound of any type eminating from it. About five minutes or so after it stopped in the air, three triangular ships approached it from the NE also at a high rate of speed, and took up positions rotating about it. This relationship was maintained by all the ships with the three triangular ships were rotating horizontally, with their apparent noses pointing towards the dumbbell shaped craft in a counter clockwise manner. We maintained this observation for some ten minutes, until the dumbell craft moved SSE about three ship lengths of itself, abruptly turned to a 60 degree upward pitch, and literally went up instantly. The starfield around the ship seemed to bend towards it. Almost as quickly, the three triangular ships turned upward, as if in pursuit of it. They seemed to be reacting to the dumbbell ships actions, and were visibly slower in their acceleration towards it. When we got in the car it was 10:24pm, and we seemed disturbed by the incident because the amount of time we spent outside the vehicle seemed to be no more than 15 to 20 minutes. Not the slightly over forty.