NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/20/1991 21:00 (Entered as : 11/20/91 21:00)
Reported: 11/7/2000 02:46
Posted: 2/5/2003
Location: Winnipeg (Canada), MB
Shape: Light
Beautiful ball of light instills awe

I was nine years old, sharing a room with my sister. It was about nine or so at night, November of 1991, we had been sent to bed for the evening and couldn't sleep. I have always been a 'skywatcher' and had the venetian blinds pulled up. We were on the second story of an apartment duplex, overlooking a man-made 'lake'. About thirty minutes after nine or so (it's hard to be sure of the exact time as I didn't have a watch and there were no clocks in the room) I saw what I at first assumed was a very bright 'star' over the lake. As I watched, it began to speed at an incredible rate toward me. I woke my sister up, and we watched as it came closer and closer. It finally stopped at about five feet from our bedroom window, and was quite small. About the size of a VW beetle, at most. It made no noise as it hung there, and I remember saying over and over again "" neither me or my sister could believe what we were seeing. It might've been saucer-like in shape, but was covered in many bright lights, which made it difficult to ascertain it's real shape. It had two "appendages" coming off the sides, which ended in two, very bright, bluish-indigo lights. Along the front it had the brightest yellow-white lights I've ever seen in my life, but it did not hurt to look into them. It also filled me with a sense of incredible joy and awe, and I feel now as if I could've spent the rest of my life just staring at this craft. There was no fear or apprehension whatsoever. About three hours later (by my best estimate) the thing left just as it had appeared- very quickly and suddenly. I felt numbed by the experience, but also deeply content. The reason I assume it was there for three hours was that, shortly after it's departure, my Mother entered our bedroom to check on my sister and I, and was irritated to find us still awake. It felt to have only 'visited' us a few seconds, though, or at the most, minutes. Even though I was an incredibly skeptical child before this incident (and still am, for most things) thi! s event instilled in me a definite belief in the existence of ETs and an insatiable thirst for knowledge pertaining to UFOlogy. I have never reported this event officially before.