NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 7/21/2001 22:05 (Entered as : 07/21/01 22:05)
Reported: 7/22/2001 18:16
Posted: 3/4/2003
Location: Dundee, WI
Shape: Light
Duration:2 hours +
Dundee, WI: 4 amber lights, briefly flashing bright white, small dark red lights falling, small blue-green lights

OBJECT 1: Bright circular amber light - approximatley a quarter the size of a pencil tip eraser held at arm's length - appeared in south-southeast and tracked northward across our eastern field of view, about 45 degrees elevation, then disappeared in north-northeast. There were no other lights surrounding the object; there were CLEARLY no standard regulation aircraft beacons, strobes, or wingtip red/green lights, and the object made no discernable sound. If an aircraft, it was certainly not an ordinary one. OBJECT 2: Approx 1 minute after disappearance of object 1, same type amber light appeared in same location and began same northward track. Approximately thirty seconds after appearing, object flashed very brightly white -- looking similar to a very bright set of aircraft landing ligts -- approximately a half dozen times in rapid succession -- then continued on same original course. When object was to our east-northeast, a tiny deep red point of light appeared below the object and proceeded downward to disappear in the treetops below. Some comments were that it looked like someone dropping a flare. OBJECT 3: After object 2 had "dropped its flare" and was tracking off to the northeast, another amber light of the same type appeared in the north. It too performed the same flashing of bright white lights. And, it also "dropped flares" -- three times -- before disappearing in the southeast. OBJECT 4: Four to five minutes after the disappearance of object 3, as the crowd was abuzz with discussion of that we had seen, one more amber light -- this one somewhat dimmer that the first three -- appeared in the south-southwest. This one had an additional feature the others had lacked; two blue-green pinpoint lights which appeared to be circling the amber light. The entire complex slowly tracked westward toward the tree line, while seeming to bounce and weave in an unpredictable manner. The complex eventually disappeared into the trees, then reappeared on other side of trees several minutes later, still bouncing and weaving. This persisted for several more minutes until a muffled "popping" sound was heard, the amber light disappeared, another deep red point light dropped toward the ground, and one of the blue-green point lights rapidly accelerated off to the northwest and disappeared. The remaining blue-green point light remained in the same general location, bouncing and weaving back and forth within the space of a few degrees of arc, for another 90 minutes or so, at which time the reporter departed the scene for the evening. notes: This was reporter's first ever personal sighting of a UFO. Report is based on naked eye observation only -- had no binoculars or camera.