NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/1/1995 18:00 (Entered as : 5/95 18:00)
Reported: 9/27/2001 11:14:47 AM 11:14
Posted: 3/21/2003
Location: Killawog, NY
Shape: Light
Duration:5 min.
I saw three balls of light. Two yellow and one red on one occation. One yellow ball exactly one week later@around the same time of day

There were accually two events that occured in one week. I am not sure of the exact month, but I remember it being warm enough to go with out a coat. Both sightings happend on a Thursday and both occured at around dusk. I was in high school at the time. On the first sighting two of my friends and myself were standing on Owen Hill Rd. near the four corners of the small town of Killawog, looking south. From up over a hill to the south, maybe a mile and a half in distance, I saw a bright yellow light. I pointed it out to my two friends and as you can imagine, the three of us were mystified. I could not tell whether or not it was just a ball of light or if it was a light attached to something. The light was too bright for me to clearly see if there was a shape behind it. It was flying somewhat towards us. Mainly north-west, us being to the north. It passed over a hill to the west, out of our view. It was in our view for about 30-45 sec. Within 10 sec. of the first yellow light leaving our sight, a second ball of light came of the hill to the south from the same location as the yellow one. This one was much different. It was bright red and at least 3 times as large as the yellow one. It flew in the same exact path that the first one did, and disapeared from our view over to same location on the hill to the west. The third and final ball of light came exactly as the previous 2 had gone. the third ball was the exact same size and color as the first one. My friends and I waited where we were for about a half an hour. Partly to see if there were anymore, but mainly to listen for engine sounds. We heard none. The balls of light were definatly not traveling fast enoughto break the sound barrier. At first we all thought that they were helecopters, but we quickly relized that if they were we would have heard them. The next encounter I had was exactly a week later at roughly the same time. This time I had a different friend with me. I had told him about it and he just laughed at me. That night (dusk) we were in the ! yard of a residence a few hundred yards from where my other two friends and I had been a week prior. There is a hill that is fairly tall and has a very steep incline roughly 50 yards behind this residence. I again was to first to see it. It was coming over the hill behind the house to the south. From the south to the north. I quickly pointed it out to my friend saying " See!I told I wasn't lying!" As soon as my friend turned to look it appeared that the craft had turned 180' heading back in the direction it had come from.

((NUFORC Note: The date is approximate. PD))