NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 9/30/1967 23:00 (Entered as : 09/30/1967 23:00)
Reported: 10/17/2003 11:32:19 PM 23:32
Posted: 10/31/2003
Location: Lone Rock, WI
Shape: Oval
Duration:3 to5 min
I had just had my car tuned-up that day and my mother and I were on our way to work at an ammunition plant, 2nd shift. When the car quit running I thought that maybe there way a wire loose and went into the glove box for my new flashlight. All of the lights on the car went out also except the idiot lights on the dash. I put the flashlight togather and it would not work. I took out my lighter and got out to check the engine. My mother was helping look for loose wire ect. and was right next to me. Being late at night and next/ between wood and a swampy area you hear a lot of frogs, owls,dos and other night dwellers calling. When the noise stopped my mom started looking around to see why. I was still under the hood trying to see what was wrong with the car. When mom asked me what that thing was I didn't really understand what she was talking about until she pointed out the craft. As there was no moon its a little hard to tell the size but I think that it was about as big as a football field long and twenty to thirty feet high. It had lights around the edge. These lights flashed in an altrenating pattern of red, white, yellow and blue or green. There was no noise at all and it was moving very slowly following the power lines down the river. I guess that we watched this object for three to five minutes. In all this time there wasn't a sound from any animal in the area, but the minute that it went out of sight all the frog, owls ect. started back up. Mom and I got back in the car and were trying to figure out what to do whent I noticed that the headlamps were back on. I looked at Mom and said maybe the car would start. Sure enough it started just like a new car and we drove on to Lone Rock and the first bar. That was the only time I have ever had a drink before going to work. Mom and I only talke to each other about this for years. No one else. After she died in 1981 I did talk to a few other people but they seem to think that I was having fun at their expense.

((NUFORC Note: Date is approximate. PD))