NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 9/1/1999 12:45 (Entered as : 09/01/1999 12:45)
Reported: 12/15/2003 6:26:50 PM 18:26
Posted: 12/19/2003
Location: Cleveland, OH
Shape: Light
Duration:20-30 minutes
Distinct, isolated grouping of seven white orbs during the day several miles straight up (12 o'clock) that hovered then faded.

For me, this sighting was a big deal, but maybe not for you :) This is the first time I had been invited to share my experience (via SciFi channel program 12/12/03.) It\'s the first and last time I\'ve ever seen a UFO. I was at the Cleveland National Air Show, and even though I\'m not sure of the exact date, I KNOW it was Labor Day weekend. It was the last time the B-2 Bomber (awesome!) did a fly-by here, which I feel could be a key to this incident. The incident occurred early in the show when the Golden Knights were enroute for their act. I distinctly remember watching their plane slowly zigzagging at 9 o\'clock to reach the proper height for their jump. It was a perfectly clear, warm sunny day, without a cloud in the sky ANYWHERE, which I found amazing in itself! (Being in Cleveland, totally clear weather seldom occurs). For some reason I looked straight up at 12 o\'clock and saw a clear grouping of 6-7 white orbs close to each other but not in a specific pattern.

I think it was seven because I remember thinking it was an odd number. I was with my ex-husband at the time and because it was early in the show, there wasn\'t anyone else sitting close to us (it figures). We were not on the main grounds of the show but at a nearby outdoor restaurant upper deck. This sighting was NOT clouds!!! I called my husband\'s attention to it at the time, and he was kind of freaked out and admitted he thought it was a UFO. This was a macho man whose middle name is \"denial.\" He didn't want to talk about it afterwords.

Anyway, all they did was hover for about 30 minutes more or less and I remember watching them slowly fade into nothing. There was no sharp movement or changing colors, etc. I did not see them around for the B-2 flyby, however, which was about 2 hours later. That's it.

((NUFORC Note: Date is approximate. Witness elects to remain totally anonymous. PD))