NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/11/2004 22:50 (Entered as : 08/11/2004 22:50)
Reported: 8/12/2004 2:37:43 AM 02:37
Posted: 8/24/2004
Location: Sterling, OK
Shape: Triangle
Duration:10-15 minutes
Three lighted Triangle Object near a military base.

At around 2350 CST on 11AUG04, I was making my way out to my Firebird to head to work for the night. I work the "graveyard shift" at my work which is on Fort Sill, OK. I was talking to my best friend on my cell. As I got in the car, he asked me if I could see the odd lights in the sky from where I was in my front yard. I live out in the country, so I had to drive down my little road a ways to get past the trees. I looked over the western portion of the sky and saw two bright white lights and a smaller pulsating one that changed color. It was moving very, very slowly. At first I thought it was a military plane going from Altus AFB, OK to Fort Sill, OK as they are wont to do from time to time. But, you can hear those planes for miles and they usually fly in 3's. This object made no sound that I could hear. I was 1 mile off the main highway and I can assure you, it was dead still outside. I pulled over in the drive of a cow field and watched it. It moved like it was hovering over something. The two white lights would get dim and then insanely bright for no reason. The object got closer to me as I watched it. I could make out a triangle-type outline to it and noticed it had 3 white circular lights on each "point" of the triangle. It seemed to zig-zag in the sky very slowly and would "hover" or stop completely at times. By this time, I was a little scared and told my friend I was going to drive out to where he was so we could watch it together. As I was driving, it sped up some and when I arrived at my destination it had all but disappeared after a sudden burst of speed. It was in one spot and then it was clear across the sky in the next moment. We watched it until it was gone from our sight. The whole sighting lasted 10-15 minutes.