|Occurred : 10/17/2004 19:00 (Entered as : 10/17/2004 19:00)
Reported: 1/3/2005 11:42:45 AM 11:42
Location: San Antonio, TX
Duration:5 - 10 minutes
|Sunset , multiple objects, mostly round, some triangular, 5 - 10 minute display
Around 7:00 - 7:20 pm, Sunday, October 17, 2004, the following happened: - My wife and I were walking our two dogs around sunset, trying to get finished before it got too dark to safely walk the dogs. We were returning to our house in Alamo Heights, walking past the high school.
- I commented on the beautiful sunset to our left, and we stopped our walk and both admired it. It was quite pretty, one of those really good, bright Texas sunsets.
- My wife then pointed out a distinct ball that had appeared in the sunset clouds...
- It was absolutely distinct, with a greyish edge outline... I looked (skeptically) to where ((wife's name deleted)) was indicating and saw the object very clearly. It was an "Aw Sh-t..." moment.
- The object appeared like a distant but clearly round planet would appear out in space, distinctly round, very likely a globe, but with no surface features. It appeared to have a smooth surface.
- Things began to get pretty weird, pretty fast. We saw more and more distinct balls appearing throughout the cloud banks. then after there were several large globes / balls in view, some of them suddenly began having 3 - 4 smaller balls appear right next to them... I believe that all of these new spheres appeared to the objects' left, our right. Some of these new smaller globes / spheres then would move off... I simply could not comprehend what I / we were seeing.
- We estimated that in total there were at least a dozen large objects and many more smaller objects.
- They were primarily in two sizes and round shapes, but there were some triangular ones as well. The triangular shapes had rounded corners.
- The objects were as distinct and solid-appearing as marbles.
- These were very distinct balls or globes, with definite firm outlines and consistent appearances. Some when they appeared were triangular, but they remained that way, and the round ones stayed round. They all remained quite distinct and clear through this episode.
- Early on I saw one that was so distinct and bright that I mentioned to ((name deleted)) that it looked like a plane with its landing lights on... Monica told me she had not mentioned it because she was sure it was a plane. Although the light was red, I thought this airplane might somehow help explain what we were seeing. We both viewed this specific object for a while, and it wasn't an airplane. It moved to the right for a bit, then stopped and hung there. It hung in the sky throughout the episode.
- We spent the next 5 minutes or so excitingly pointing to other globe / ball or triangular objects that simply appeared, or others that were moving left or right relative to all the other balls.
- This type of activity was going on throughout our field of vision and beyond so that we had to scan a bit of the sky to take in all the objects. I estimate around a 20 - 30 degree field of view was necessary to encompass all of this. We of course were primarily going from one specific focus to another, but I would occasionally widen my view to take in more of the big picture.
- As time passed, to the left side of the scenario, we watched some smaller balls that had come out of a larger ball morph into what looked like small, fiery-red, still distinct objects against a very dark background. All of this developed quite quickly. The objects continued to morph into more and more complex shapes and more detail against the dark background. It appeared to me that they morph'd into some sort ofcuneiform, or hieroglyphics. The images were quite distinct and clear, if very small, but what they were specifically I could not tell.
- ((name deleted)) later described this same activity as looking like "moving braille-like characters".
- This particular display then morph'd into what looked exactly like a medium-sized city at night (black background, white glowing city lights) as seen from onboard an approaching aircraft. This scene first appeared to be a view from directly above a city, but then the view angled down to look exactly like the view one would have as they were landing into a city at night.
- I kept telling ((name deleted)) that I wished I had brought our camera. Understatement of the century.
- Then, very suddenly the whole show (writing characters, globes, other objects, etc.) began to quickly fade and merge back into (the effect appeared to us) the clouds behind them.
General Comments: - The entire incident was completely non-threatening with a calmness about it.
- The whole effect was as though the visual "show" was generally unfolding toward us. It appeared that each new activity took place in front of, or at least came out of and to the side or below the previous objects.
- We really did not have time to ask ourselves what they were because we were simply too busy pointing out one or another new item or activity to each other.
- It seems certain that ((name deleted)) and I saw the same exact images because we repeatedly pointed out one or another object to each other, and we would then get immediate confirmation. It was unbelievable, except that ((name deleted)) and I clearly saw this.
- There was a family in a house behind us with a motorcycle in their driveway behind a dark red Hummer. I have not yet contacted them to see if they saw anything like we did.
- I called my mother to see if she had seen anything in the sunset, but she had not watched it tonight.
- I called my friend to see if he or his wife had viewed the sunset, but they had not. I spoke to my friend at length about this.
- I called WOAI TV news hotline to see if any one else had seen and reported anything, they had not received any news like this, and neither had their weatherman.