NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 4/7/2005 21:00 (Entered as : 04/07/2005 21:00)
Reported: 7/6/2005 10:52:56 AM 10:52
Posted: 7/13/2005
Location: Omaha, NE
Shape: Diamond
Duration:25 minutes
Diamond shape craft above the horizon.

On April 7th, I was looking up pat the horizon above Standing Bear Lake, which is located west of my house when I noticed a strange light. Now this light appeared to be blinking off and on. It was still quite a distance away, but close enough to know that it was blinking and standing still. I watched it for about five minutes until I went in and brought out the binoculars. My first thought was lights from a helicopter searching the valley below, but after careful examination of the object I had to rethink this, since there was no searchlight emitting from the object. Focusing the lenses on the binoculars, I discovered that the blinking lights emitted a read and green hue in color in the center of the object. The shape of the object appeared to be diamond shape or triangular in dimension; in fact, a faint ray of light came out on three, maybe four areas of the object, which made me think it could be diamond shape.

It was definitely not a plane. The object made no noise whatsoever. In fact, a commercial or military passenger jet flew over the house in the same general location as the object, so you could definitely tell the difference in the way the objects moved in the air relative to each other. Eventually, the object did move very slowly towards the right and up into the night sky. Sometimes it went back to where it started, but eventually moved away. Now at the same time this is going on, I saw another non-blinking white light just above the horizon. It would move upwards and then just as fast as it appeared would disappear. In addition, there were tiny, faint lights that appeared to be coming from the main object, but would disappear in the night sky. I watched the main object for about twenty-five minutes before I gave up and went inside.