Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 7/12/2006 23:00 (Entered as : 07/12/06 23:00)
Reported: 7/14/2006 12:25:16 AM 00:25
Posted: 7/16/2006
Location: Hoquiam, WA
Shape: Triangle
Duration:1 minute
White lights to form a triangular shape with two red lights in the center floating low over a city block.

We were driving over the bridge back to Aberdeen when I saw these lights, at first I thought it was lights to the hospital on the hill (thats how low it was) but then I realized it was too close to be the lights from the hospital. I told the person driving to look out the window and he said it was an air plane because it had two small flashing lights and 3 big white lights in a trangular shape totaling about 50 feet wide. We slowed down on top of the bridge and it was 200 yards away from us just sitting above the block below the bridge it was so low, we rolled down the window to hear noise to see if it was a helicopter or an airplane and it was silent outside. If it was a helicopter or an airplane we would have heard a noise because helicopters fly over my house all the time to get to the hospital. Once we got off the bridge we took the first left to turn around the block to get a better look at it... but in seconds it started to move and get lower but it was gliding through the air away from us. we were trying to catch up to it but it was so far away, we thought it was going to crash into the local grocery store it was so low. Once it started moving it turned off the white lights and had left on the two red lights...but the red lights weren't flashing like an airplanes. There is a local airport over that way, but after it glided over the grocery store it just disappeared into thin air it was gone, it was like it crashed into the bay or something like that. The event probably lasted no longer then 45 seconds but we dont know how long the object had been floating over that city block. It was just so weird how it disappeared, we went out to the airport and no plane had recently landed either.

((NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. PD))