NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/17/1987 19:00 (Entered as : 8/17/87 19:00pm)
Reported: 3/9/2007 7:57:31 PM 19:57
Posted: 4/27/2007
Location: Jakes Corners, AZ
Shape: Light
Two crafts and orb in Jakes Corner with possible abduction, 5 witnesses

In late August of 1987 I was moving out of Arizona with my young son and had stopped to spend the night at my grandparents house in Jakes Corners. A friend of mine came by to say goodbye. I'd been loading the car and was standing in the yard with my friend, son, and grandparents. I then saw a very white light that looked like it was driving around the ground across the street on a hill. This happened just at early sunset. I was looking straight at the hill when I saw the object come up around the side of it and into view. At first I thought it was a dune buggy, but it only had a single beam out the front. In utter disbelief, I watched as it drove around to the top of the hill and then continued into the air. It moved very slowly and without sound. It was an extremely bright light and slowly moved across the street towards where we were. At this point we were all watching it. It was like a floodlight. After watching it for some time, maybe 15-20 minutes, my friend and I decided to get in his car and drive down the street to see if we could get a better view from another angle. At this point it was nearly over the street. While driving down the road I first saw a very small red light fly up from the ground and then fly up to the object. It seemed there was activity at the object with other smaller lights moving around it. Then to our left on the side of the road was another object. There are no houses or other structures in this area and nothing had been at this location previously. The object was very close to the road. It had an extremely bright white light shining out of an opening. We could not see the objects shape but it was very big, like the size of a garage. There was what resembled a hatch and the white light was pouring out from it, but it was too bright to make out any details inside of it. We decided to drive up to it. As we neared it, perhaps 40-50ft away the car engine died. Simultaneously with the engine dying what appeared to be the hatch began to close shut. It finally cl! osed com pletely and we were getting scared. The engine kicked back in and we returned to the house. By now the object in the sky was over the house. My grandparents were watching it with binoculars. We were not able to tell the shape of the object. My grandmother called Luke AFB and they told her they hadn't received any reports. At this point, and I realize this is strange but it's true, everyone seemed to act like "so what, theres a ufo over the house" and we got sleepy. My grandparents and son went inside to bed. My friend and I decided to go to sleep - on the front lawn, as if that was perfectly natural. We just fell alseep out on the ground. At one point I woke up and couldn't move and saw a blue light flooding the area but couldn't see a source. I then recall what may be a very strange dream. (?) Small people approached us and said they were going to check our feet and that they would not approach my grandparents. They did some physical exams. My friend was completely unconscious but I was awake and speaking to them in some manner although I was not able to move. The people did not move their mouths when they spoke. At one point they told me a being was there, I understood it to be a type of scientist. The creature or thing was like nothing I can describe, it somewhat resembled a giant praying mantis. It was fish or bug-like and was abosultely the most horrible thing I've ever seen. I became terrified and was fighting them. It was my impression that this creature did not have any compassion for humans. It did not speak to me but had a very cold presence. The next thing I know, my friend and I woke up in the morning still laying on the front lawn. Everyone - my grandparents, son, and friend actted like nothing had happened. They were like "oh yah, we saw a ufo" as if that was perfectly natural. I was the only one that seemed to think something incredible had occurred. We spoke about the examination of the feet and we realized that my friend had webbed toes which I didn't know, and I have double jointed toes! as does my son. Over the years my grandparents referred to this ufo event from time to time, and my son remembers the episode and says that one of the beings spoke to him. 2007 is the 20 yr anniversary of this event. I've often wondered about what happened that night, and although it sounds incredible what I've related is true. After the event I had an interest in science and have since earned a masters in astronomy. As long as I live I will NEVER forget the sight of that object driving up the side of the hill and going into the air!

((NUFORC Note: Witness indicates that the date of the sighting is approximate. PD))