NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/9/2007 12:05 (Entered as : 03/09/07 12:05)
Reported: 3/9/2007 11:24:56 PM 23:24
Posted: 4/27/2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Shape: Sphere
Duration:10 min
A daylight sighting of a white sphere near a chemtrail over Tucson, AZ was observed from schoolyard by parents and teachers.

While picking up my son from school near the intersection of 6th Ave. and Speedway Blvd. I looked up at the chemtrails from the school steps leading from the playground to the building. I had been pointing them out to my mother throughout the day. My mother was with me, visiting from out of town. I noticed a white sphere next to a chemtrail and became very excited because I am involved in the UFO phenomenon and I hadn’t had a sighting in a while, much less with so many potential witnesses, especially Mom. So I announced to the teachers and parents on the schoolyard that I was seeing a UFO and they all saw it as well. There was one other parent, a male, who later told me he had had a major sighting in Oregon before. Two other teachers saw it and another parent. I don’t remember if my mom could see it. She doesn’t have great vision. It was five minutes after noon. The UFO was very high, about 75 degrees in the sky. I was looking north and the object was just west of the Santa Catalina Mountains. It was initially between two chemtrails, but then got lost in the one on the left. It reappeared again. Eventually it was clearly seen again below the chemtrail. I now wonder if the object was stationary and the chemtrail was drifting. I wish I had sited the object relative to a non-moving object like a telephone pole. I took a picture of it with my mom’s disposable camera, but I haven’t developed the picture yet and I doubt it will show up as it was very small and high up. The two parents and I moved out into the parking lot and continued to observe the object for another five minutes, perhaps. I used my cell phone to call George Parks of MUFON (I’m a member) to tell him about it. He didn’t see it as I had trouble telling him where to look relative to his location. After I hung up with him the parents and I drove off in our separate cars. The whole event lasted maybe under ten minutes.