NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 5/21/2007 21:00 (Entered as : 05/21/07 21:00)
Reported: 5/21/2007 7:44:59 PM 19:44
Posted: 6/12/2007
Location: Port Isabel, TX
Shape: Disk
Duration:appx. 15 seconds
A disk flying east-west across the sky in southern Texas. (Padre Islands)

I was with my family on vacation down on the Padre Islands in the south of Texas. This long, skinny island is fairly close to the Mexican border. We were staying at the Holiday Inn on the southern part of the island. I decided to go out and take some pictures to see if I could get any cool shots. I fiddled around a bit with some settings and took a few pictures, most of which weren't very good. As I was aiming a picture of the waves, I noticed a light shooting accross the sky. It was rather sudden and at first I thought it was a shooting star. I continued to look, expecting the light and tail to disintegrate as a shooting star/meteorite would, however it didn't. I came to the realization at that point that it was something that either entered the atmosphere, or was already in the atmosphere. It had a trail that dissapeared as it got closer to over my head. I continued to watch this spectacle as it shot across the sky at a VERY fast pace. As it flew I thought it was a bird, something simply mistaken for something else. My human curiosity kept me watching this object. I felt my heart drop when the object flew accross the moon. I will never forget the statling image I saw then. A disk shaped object, clearly a disk, shot across the moon, it's color a light amber, glowing as it were, (possibly from entering the atmosphere.) The image continued it's east-to-west flight across the sky. As it flew away I could only think of the possible explanations for the object. All my compiled theories shattered when the vessel banked hard left about a thumbs legnth from where I was standing above my hotel. The vessel nearly stopped when it banked left, and it continued it's path west. I didn't hear any audible engine sounds, only the slight roar of the ocean. The event occured at exactly 9:00 pm and I was only one of a few people on the beach, but when I asked them about it, they said they hadn't seen anything.