NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 9/2/2008 22:00 (Entered as : 09/02/08 22:00)
Reported: 9/2/2008 11:30:40 PM 23:30
Posted: 10/31/2008
Location: North Myrtle Beach, SC
Shape: Sphere
Duration:1 hour
Two sightings, 3-5 bright lights in a diagonal formation and 3 bright orange spheres moving together illuminating and fading out.

On the evening of 09/02/2008 from approx. 22:00-23:10 a friend and I witnessed two very different sets of unexplained lights over the Atlantic ocean viewed from north Myrtle Beach, SC. The conditions were clear with out a cloud in the sky.

The first set of lights seen were 3-5 varying bright white lights moving very fast horizontally, faster then any commercial or military jet I have ever seen, northerly in a diagonal formation. The lights suddenly stopped and remained still for 10 – 15 seconds and then moved vertically straight up into the sky, again very fast. They stopped once again and then proceeded to move horizontally to the south only to stop again and move diagonally downward to the north again. This movement repeated again and again and each time lasted about 5-10 minutes. The lights would be bright and fade and get bright again. At the end of the last sequence the lights got very bright, separated, and each went in different directions and were gone from sight.

The second set of lights was 3 bright orange spheres and either all were lit at once or they would alternate illuminating in a sequence. These lights were moving in a horizontal direction toward the south. They would move extremely fast and then stand still illuminating and fading out either gradually or all at once. They continued toward the south appearing and disappearing 3-5 times and then immediately changed direction moving back to the north while still illuminating in the same manner. They reached the point we first saw them and again disappeared only to re-appear again much further south in a matter of less than a minute. This sighting continued for almost an hour and then stopped.