|Occurred : 8/27/2008 13:00 (Entered as : 082708 13:00)
Reported: 9/6/2008 2:13:44 PM 14:13
Location: Selfridge Air National Guard, MI
|I witness a silver UFO @ approx 1:00pm EST basically above the Selfridge Air National Gaurd base in Michigan.
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2008.
1) 1:00pm, daylight, no clouds, unlimited visibility
2) Object was silver and highly reflective in the sunlight
3) Object was stationary above I-94 (exactly next to SANG)
4) Winds were blowing (as they always do) from West to East
5) First believed I was seeing a mylar balloon floating through the sky. But after a few seconds of watching the object I realized that it could not be a balloon because it was STATIONARY and not "drifting" with the winds.
6) The object was reminiscent (spelling?) of another UFO sighting I had in Ohio many years prior. (Probably should not mention that sighting in this report)
7) Uncertain of altitude. But being physicist/engineer and one time pilot I can safely state that the altitude was greater than 3,000ft AGL but less than 10,000ft AGL.
Additionally, last month (not certain of the date) there was a widely seen UFO event approximately 20 miles southwest of this sighting.