NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/1/1988 22:00 (Entered as : 08/01/88 22:00)
Reported: 10/20/2008 7:56:07 PM 19:56
Posted: 10/31/2008
Location: Danbury, CT
Shape: Circle
Duration:45 minutes
I threw rocks at a UFO for about a half an hour

What accrued happened in Danbury Connecticut on Newtown Rd. It was very dark area with only a couple of city light poles that were on. There were a couple of stores in that area but they were all closed. There are a lot of hills in this area so it further darkens the area.

I was about eighteen years old at the time. My friend and I were working at a Burger King until about 10 pm. We went outside to wait for a ride and we were talking. We went across the street where there was a pay phone that I was going to use to call to see where our ride was and I noticed that where we just walked from was a seeming to be round object just hovering in the air about 30 feet not very high no real noise except for humming. I felt and heard a humming just like an electrical sub station, there’s ones in every town. I felt my hairs standing up. The object was about the size of the Burger King, just a little wider. There were about eight, two foot wide bulbs around the round object.

My friend and I walked under it at an angle and tried to make out the shape with the stars since it was the only light above, there was no moon and the stars were almost not visible. We first thought it was a hot air balloon with lights on the bottom but with the little stars that were out, we couldn’t see how high it exactly was, but we knew it wasn’t high like a balloon.

I need to say this, over the years I’ve read a lot about of what other people have written about what they saw, and what’s different about mine, is that I think my friend and I are the only dumb asses that threw rocks and tar from the road at it for about a good half an hour. And we didn’t even hear the rocks fall back on the ground and we didn’t hear it hit the object.

After about half an hour of throwing rocks at it we watched it slowly rise up then whoosh, it went up fast, in like a couple of seconds it shot up, we saw the lights get closer together, get smaller, and dim, in a matter of two to three seconds.

My take on why it left so abruptly, is that I think they were going to abduct us until they found out they’d have serious problems with the two dumb asses that were throwing rocks at them. Just kidding.

One more thing, there is one more witness, this was a little strange, it was my ride which happened to be my mom. She didn’t see it there, but at her job which happens to be on the other side of the hill / small mountain, at the Davis and Geck parking lot. We talked about it a few days after it happened, because we ended up walking home. She said she was afraid of it and went back inside to get someone to walk her back to he car. It happened at night, and that is all I know.

((NUFORC Note: Witness indicates that date of incident is approximate. PD))