NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/1/1991 14:00 (Entered as : 08/01/1991 14:00)
Reported: 3/3/2009 8:06:47 PM 20:06
Posted: 3/19/2009
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Shape: Other
Duration:30 seconds
saw two squares moving together over Kissimmee, saw a red light moving incredibly fast over Orlando

I have experienced two different sightings, as follows:

1. In about 1991, I witnessed two apparently flat, square, gray objects in the sky. The objects were identical, and moved as one. As an engineer, I would estimate the objects were approximately a half-mile away from me, and were 50 feet to 100 feet wide, each. They were closer to each other than their widths. That is, they were not very far from each other. They were both vertically oriented squares, that is, they were not "diamond" shaped. They appeared to be without much depth, or so it seemed as I was unable to determine if they had a depth due to my viewing them straight on. The two squares appeared to me by descending from the clouds. The clouds were not very high; maybe a few thousand feet. The squares descended from the clouds, to the point they were just below the clouds, then they moved to the west. I was facing south so they shifted across the sky to the right. They only moved 1000 feet or so when they stopped, remained still for a few seconds, and then receded into the clouds again. I estimate the entire sighting lasted only 30 seconds.

2. In 1993, I was swimming alone in the pool one summer night. The weather was nice and warm and the sky was clear. I was floating on my back in the water just looking up at the stars. My body was oriented from east to west, with my feet being to the east. I noticed a red light high in the sky that appeared from my right, from the south. I began following the light with my eyes although I remained in a laying position floating in the water. The red light appeared to be a common aircraft flying high in the sky. I watched the light move toward me and thought nothing of the fact that it was an ordinary airplane or an airliner, but at this point, I gave it no thought at all – I was just watching it fly over me. When the light reached my 11 o’clock position in the sky, it stopped dead. This was very strange to me, as I know planes don’t just stop in the sky. I rose up out of the water to see if I could hear the craft, as it may have been a helicopter, but it was not making a sound. The light was not flashing. I stood in the water looking up at the still, red light with amazement, trying to figure out what I was looking at. After a few seconds of being still, the red light moved again, but not how it was moving before. Previously, the red light was moving across the night sky in a slow, steady fashion, which gave me the impression it was an ordinary aircraft flying by in the night. However, after being still for a few seconds, the red light began moving to the north again. It went from my 11 o’clock position to out of sight as if it had been fired from a gun. It zipped across the sky at what must have been thousands of miles per hour and it was out of my sight in a second, or maybe less than a second.

((NUFORC Note: Source of report indicates that the date of the incident is approximate. PD))