NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 7/23/2008 22:10 (Entered as : 07/23/08 22:00)
Reported: 3/18/2009 11:05:59 PM 23:05
Posted: 3/19/2009
Location: Lagro/Wabash, IN
Shape: Light
Multiple amber lights.

I have just recently came to terms with a encounter of unexplained lights that I witnessed last year for the first time, and now I feel it is time to come forward and explain my experience. Like most people I have been skeptical about this subject, but after observing what I saw on July 23, 2008 at 10:10 pm, I definitely have more than an open mind on this subject.

My boyfriend and I had just left from an evening of dogsitting. As we got to the edge of Lagro, (called "old Lagro Road") heading west to Wabash, I had dozed off only to be awaken with a nudge on the shoulder and him telling me "Look at that, did you see that". I then looked out my passenger window and saw nothing. He slowed the vehicle down, but there was nothing I could see. As we got to the edge of Wabash (a very curvy area) straight out in front of us was a amber orangish light that was only visible for about 6 seconds and faded or burnt out. Now, upon entering Wabash on E. Hill St., we entered town. Sitting at a stop sign at Hill St. and Wabash St (where the courthouse sits) we proceeded across and noticed, just above the treeline, about a block away this light had reappeared. Let me explain that after observing the light previously, this light then split into five lights, estimating to be at least a quater mile wide. The lights then one after the other faded out. We then proceeded to an open area on the edge of town for an unobstructed view.

Upon getting out of our vehicle, we noticed numerous aircraft in the area of the sighting, only to be followed by military jets. As a matter of fact, we are only 25 miles from Grissom Air Reserve Base, in Bunker Hill, IN. These jets were low, and at a high rate of speed and seemed to me they were aware of the lights.

I have never experienced anything of this kind and was in shock at first. We were silent, then went home and sat in the kitchen in silence for at least an hour. The night's events were then attempted to be discussed, but I was not ready. That is why I am here now, because I am ready to share what I saw. I know that these are not flares!