NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 1/28/2011 01:00 (Entered as : 01/28/2011 1:00)
Reported: 2/7/2011 3:56:49 PM 15:56
Posted: 2/8/2011
Location: Bay Harbor, MI
Shape: Triangle
Duration:15-20 minutes
Triangle U.F.O. seen over Lake Michigan, January 2011.

My husband and I stayed at a hotel in Bay Harbor, MI between 01/28/2011 and 01/31/2011. We had a room with a north facing balcony, overlooking Lake Michigan. On the very first night of our stay, we were enjoying a cold but beautiful view of the night sky from the balcony. It was partly cloudy, but the stars were still quite visible. We were looking toward the northwest when we noticed a small flash of light in the distance, right on the water. The flash came and went, starting and stopping at random, sometimes strobing and pulsing, and sometimes staying lit for a short moment before going black again. This continued for about five minutes before I decided to try to get it on video. It looked like a fireball burning on the water, and I was curious as to what it could be. I was fidgeting with the camera, and tried several times to film it, but as soon as I would turn on the camera, or get it into focus, it would go black. And as soon as I turned it off, or th! e power saving feature would shut it off, it would return.

I was so busy trying to get the “Fireball” into focus and on tape, that I didn’t even notice what was going on in the sky just overhead. Not until I looked up at the sky for a moment, and saw three white glowing points of light, forming a triangle. I immediately put my focus on this new development, and zoomed in on what appears in the video as three lights, still in the form of a triangle, blinking green, red, and white. Standard aviation colors, I know. Still, these lights disappeared when I got a little closer with the camera, and returned several times.

By this point, my husband had already gone back inside, and I ran in, because I was frightened, as my mind tried to come up for a rational explanation of what I had just seen. I was huffing and puffing, but managed to get the story across to my husband, who wanted to see it for himself. About five minutes had passed before I initially ran in, frightened. We brought the camera along again, and headed out for the balcony. We focused on the same area of sky and waited. At first there was nothing, but after about a minute we saw it again. We got a pretty good look at it, since it wasn’t moving at all. It would occasionally disappear, and reappear, but in the same spot. We filmed it until our SD card got full, which was only about a minute more, but we got a pretty good look at it.

The next day I filmed and photographed the same area of land and water where we had seen the U.F.O, and there was nothing higher than the tree line. So this could not have been a tower, or house, or anything stationary, even though it stayed in the same exact spot both times we filmed it, and was there for at least twenty minutes, until we went back in. The temp that night was in the single digits, so it outlasted us. I really don’t know how long it actually stayed there before it left, but whatever it was doing, it took it’s time.

Also after I noticed the U.F.O. in the sky, the “Fireball” in the water never came back, at least not while I was filming. The two combined events were just too much to ignore.

Thank you for reading!