|Occurred : 7/2/2011 20:20 (Entered as : 07/02/2011 20:20)
Reported: 7/3/2011 1:27:06 AM 01:27
Location: Hilo, HI
Duration:30 - 40 mins
|Six star-like moving objects over Hilo, HI.
On July 2 before 8:20p
1) I saw a star-like object moving roughly west-south west to east north-east in the night sky. After moving halfway across the sky behind some clouds the object suddenly veered to the right as in a giant L. It moved quickly away southeast without a sound and became dimmer as it went behind the clouds. My wife saw the object weaving back and forth slightly before it changed directions.
2) I saw a second, dimmer star-like object moving roughly west to east again, much slower than the first object. This time I noticed it weaving slightly. I lost sight of it when it went behind some clouds. at this point, my wife went to the bathroom, and noted the time at around 8:26 when she was done.
3) I saw a third star-like object dim and as slow as like the second object, moving roughly north to south.
4) As the third object moved behind clouds, a fourth dim star-like object appeared moving from the southwest heading northeast. at this point, the occurrences were getting closer together. I went inside to tell my son, but he did not believe me. As my wife and I were talking about what we saw, we noticed
5) A fifth bright star-like object. As bright as the first. It appeared in the east, yet somehow overhead almost above us moving very slowly southward. We observed that it suddenly grew extremely bright and then dim, and then lost...perhaps behind the clouds? Hard to say. Some stars were visible in the vicinity.
6) A sixth bright star-like object appeared shortly after a couple of minutes...or less...moving slowly southward. It grew suddenly very bright, then dimmed, and was lost behind the clouds. It's pattern was similar to #5
We waited outside for more activity...nothing...when we went back inside; it was ~9:20 p.m.