NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/19/2003 21:25 (Entered as : 03-19-03 21:25)
Reported: 3/25/2013 9:10:21 PM 21:10
Posted: 5/15/2013
Location: Parma, OH
Shape: Triangle
Duration:10 minutes
Triangular craft, from the front you only saw white light, almost invisible in the sky, pyramid characteristics

On March 19th, 2003, I, like many other Americans, was watching the U.S. bombing of Baghdad on CNN. At approximately 21:25 my 2 year old nephew (whom I was babysitting), came running in from the dining room yelling, "Amu! Amu!", his word for airplane. Being excited he drug me by my finger into the dining room to look at the plane out the window.

When I first saw it, I said, "Yeah, airplane." All I saw was a seemingly perfectly round ball of white light in the distance. After a few moments of staring, waiting for the light to move, I realized that something didn't seem right, this did not seem like an airplane. It didn't seem like it was moving at all. I thought at first that I was letting my mind wander or that my eyes were playing tricks on me because it seemed as if the light was getting slightly larger by the minute but not moving. I then felt (not really thought but felt [I know it sounds strange]) like the light was getting bigger because it was moving closer. I was literally frozen in fear, staring at this light trying to figure out what was happening.

I began looking around, taking mental notes of the surroundings. This light was lower than the radio towers, but higher than the tree tops. I cannot describe the feeling that overcame me staring at this light any other way than "primal fear". It was a gut-wrenching, nauseating feeling that told your brain to run but you can't go anywhere because you're in the house. I called my father on the house phone and told him to look out of his back window towards my aunt's house (my parents lived approximately 3 miles away).

I told him about the light, and I told him that if he looked to the south to the right of the radio tower he might be able to see it. He couldn't see it. I got up the nerve to go back to the window and when I looked out, I couldn't see it anymore. My dad convinced me to go outside and look around to see if I could find it and tell him where it was. I reluctantly picked up my nephew and carried him onto the back porch with me. I looked in all four compass directions and didn't see the light. Then I looked up.

Above the house (I cannot begin to estimate height....I just know that it appeared that if it were any closer it would take off the roof of the house) I saw a huge triangular craft. The white light that I had been seeing was on the very front tip of the craft. There were two more lights on the back corners of the craft. There were no visible windows or doors and there was absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, no sound. The craft appeared to have perfect lines "dissecting" it, similar to a pyramid. The color was as close to a perfect match to the color of the sky as possible, without being the sky itself. I truly believe that the only reason I was able to see it was because of the street lights adding extra light to the sky.

I stood on the back porch telling my dad what I was seeing, yelling at him when he said he couldn't see it, "How can you not see it?! It couldn't be any bigger!" This craft appeared (I keep saying appeared and seemed because it was in the sky, I can only guess by the visual markers I had on the ground) to reach from halfway over the house to halfway through the yard, and seemed to be moving extremely slowly. I stood there looking up at it for approximately 1-2 minutes as it took that long for it too completely pass over the house. As the tail end began crossing the roof I ran into the house, set my nephew down, and ran out onto the front porch so that I could keep track of where it was, hoping that my father would be able to see it now. As I reached the front porch, I realized it was gone. I ran into the yard and nothing. It was absolutely gone.

I still wonder if it was really gone or if I just couldn't see it anymore. While standing under it, like I said it was practically the color of the sky, it appeared to have something in it's coloring that allowed it to "change" color or reflect the surrounding light to allow it to camouflage itself completely into the sky.

I went and spoke the following day with a friend that was a longtime member of the Air Force. He had posters of every known military air craft. I asked him if he knew of any practice runs over the area that might not be public knowledge, etc. and he did not. Together we went through every picture he had and could not find it. The most astounding part to him was the fact that there was absolutely no sound emitted, not even a hum or a buzz.

(To note, there were no visible windows or doors on the craft. Also the craft was moving south to north. I will never forget what I saw that night, but have finally decided to report it. I don't talk about it much and I had no idea until tonight that there was actually a place you could go to report your sightings. There was another (different) incident approximately 5 years later at my parents' house; however, that experience will not be disclosed in this report. If someone would like to discuss this over the phone I will; however, I will never disclose that experience in a paper report.)