NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/9/2013 21:45 (Entered as : 08/09/13 21:45)
Reported: 8/22/2013 5:19:01 PM 17:19
Posted: 8/30/2013
Location: Captiva, FL
Shape: Light
Duration:5 minutes
((NUFORC Note: This is one of nineteen reports, submitted by the same witness, over the course of seven weeks. The reports are well written, and the witness seems sincere, although we would be surprised if all of the sightings are about authentic UFOs, i.e. alien spacecraft. We cannot be certain, however. PD))

SIGHTING # 24 – August 9 , 2013 – FIRST SIGHTING OF A BRILLIANT BLUE-WHITE UFO This is the 3rd UFO sighting I and 3 others had on this night, after the “fireball” but before I saw the football shaped UFOs – around 10:15 p.m. I was looking to the south over the Blind Pass jetty, in the same area that I’d first seen the 6 amber fireballs hovering with the bright white UFO (“Sighting #1), and where I also had first seen the beautiful blue-green UFO (Sighting #9), when I noticed a dim bluish strobe flash with my naked eye. I trained my binoculars on it and saw what I first thought were 2 airplane headlights because that’s how close they were together, slowly strobing, about 2 finger widths above the horizon, and maybe a mile off shore of Sanibel Island, around 4 miles distant. But the color of the lights was wrong – they were a “crystalline” blue-white, about 50/50 blue and white. There were no red or green navigation lights.

I watched it through my binocs as it hovered in one place for several minutes, when the light on the right started it started to “tilt” upwards. It would have been like a plane coming straight at me (which I still thought it could be) making an extremely sharp bank to its right, which would have been toward the east, away from the Gulf. But it remained in position, with the lights getting almost vertical to each other, but not quite. After around 5 minutes of being in this position, it started coming toward me and to the NW. When it got to the SW of me and became visible to the naked eye, I pointed it out to the fishermen. We then watched it as it headed toward the NNW, about 3 to 4 miles off shore and 45 degrees above the horizon. It really started picking up speed when it got about in front of us over the gulf, and moved at least 2 or 3 times the speed of an aircraft, and then just went out of sight because it became so far away. Weird.