NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/14/2013 21:50 (Entered as : 08/14/13 21:50)
Reported: 8/22/2013 6:07:16 PM 18:07
Posted: 8/30/2013
Location: Captiva, FL
Shape: Oval
Duration:1 hour

((NUFORC Note: This is one of nineteen reports, submitted by the same witness, over the course of seven weeks. The reports are well written, and the witness seems sincere, although we would be surprised if all of the sightings are about authentic UFOs, i.e. alien spacecraft. We cannot be certain, however. PD))

SIGHTING # 25 – August 14, - SECOND SIGHTINGS OF GLOWING ELONGATED/FOOTBALL SHAPPED UFOS WITH A DIRECT CORRELATION TO OUR NINTH SIGHTING OF “FIREBALL” UFOs AND “FLASHERS” I arrived at my regular skywatch location at 9:30 p.m. on the south end of Captiva Island, FL, USA, just north of the rock jetty at Blind Pass. The weather was clear and calm, with some clouds well past the horizon of the Gulf of Mexico. The moon was almost half full and high in the sky when I first arrived.

Based on my previous nights sightings and knowing that I could only see the glowing, white/gold UFOs through my binoculars, I had them trained toward the NNW, just off shore of uninhabited Cayo Costa Island, when at approximately 9:50 I got really lucky and saw two of the glowing UFOs appear to “pop” out of the Gulf of Mexico, perhaps 5 or 6 miles away from me. I estimate the miles based on the horizon being at 7 miles over water, and these objects were just inside the horizon. I say “lucky” because I only saw them briefly, maybe 15 seconds or so, before they “turned off,” slower than a light switch, but not as long as if on a dimmer switch. I don’t think I would have seen them from where I was without binoculars. These two were side by side, about 2 or maybe 3 UFO lengths apart. I’ve estimated before that the UFOs were around 100 feet long - at least not more than 150 feet long.

About 10 minutes later I caught a brighter goldish-white light with naked eyes, but when I got my binocs on it, I saw that there were already 2 of the objects there, one right on the water, and one just above it like before. I couldn’t tell if they “popped” out of the water or not, but I suspect that they did. As before, the UFO on the bottom started rising up to the one above, and they looked like they were about to merge and appeared to be touching each other, when the lights went out! Then about another 10 or 15 minutes later, while looking through my binoculars, I saw one, then two, and then three of the same colored UFOs appear to come right out of the water again! WOW! Two of them were fairly close together – maybe 3 or 4 lengths apart - and the third was a litter further out to sea, maybe twice as far as the first two. I counted 7 or 8 times that various numbers of these UFOs – up to 5 at one time – appeared and the quickly disappeared, after 5 to 15 seconds. They always appeared to be coming out of the water, and sometimes drifting maybe 3 to 5 object heights above the water before disappearing. I say that they appeared to come out of the water because just before they became brighter, it always seemed like there was a tiny little blob of water right at the surface before the light became full strength. Well, maybe not “full strength, because that would be really bright, but bright enough to make out a shape.

During the time I was scanning the horizon it this area, whether there were UFOs or not, I would occasionally see a single white strobe-like flash close in the area – within view of other UFOs. I never saw more than one flash at a time within a minute or so, but they were nonetheless consistent in the area.

Here’s where it got really interesting. The oblong lights had not come on for a good 10 minutes or so, when I saw one of the amber “fireballs” I and others have been seeing, come on, right at the same exact location where I’d been seeing the other UFOs, but not more that 400 or 500 feet above the water. I saw this single fireball come on through my binocs as if on a “fast” dimmer,” and continued to watch in that area for another 5 minutes or so as the light dimmed on and off. Each time it came on it stayed on around 5 or 10 seconds, went off for a minute or so, came on for 5-10 seconds, etc. for a total of 6 times. Each time it came on it was a few degrees higher on the horizon, going straight up. The last time it came on it was perhaps 900 feet above the horizon, about 5 miles away from me. After the last time it came on, nothing much happened for 20 minutes or so and I went home.