NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/15/2013 21:45 (Entered as : 08/15/13 21:45)
Reported: 8/23/2013 5:07:52 PM 17:07
Posted: 8/30/2013
Location: Captiva, FL
Shape: Oval
Duration:65 minutes on and off
((NUFORC Note: This is one of nineteen reports, submitted by the same witness, over the course of seven weeks. The reports are well written, and the witness seems sincere, although we would be surprised if all of the sightings are about authentic UFOs, i.e. alien spacecraft. We cannot be certain, however. PD))

SIGHTING # 26 – August 15, 2013 – THIRD SIGHTING IN 3 NIGHTS OF A SILVER-GOLD, ELONGATED/FOOTBALL SHAPED UFOS EMERGING FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO AND POSSIBLE SECOND SIGHTING OF A BRILLIANT BLUE-GREEN UFO THAT “SHOT” A PROJECTILE OR BEAM OF LIGHT INTO THE AIR I arrived at my regular skywatch location at 9:15 p.m. on the south end of Captiva Island, FL, USA, just north of the rock jetty at Blind Pass. This was the third night in a row that I had been out because of what I had seen two nights ago. The weather was totally overcast and dead calm, but there was sufficient moonlight to see the horizon of the entire Gulf of Mexico. The moon was almost half full and high in the sky when I first arrived.

At approximately 9:45 a dim yellowish light appeared on the horizon just a little west/seaward of where I previously had seen the football shaped craft on previous nights. I then got it in view with my binoculars and again saw two of the whitish-gold craft, side by side, right on the horizon at the water’s surface. I think that they could have possibly come out of the water based on what I previously seen, except that these objects were fully formed – I did not see the little ‘blob” of light get bigger and turn into the craft like I’d previously seen. I watched these objects for a short while as they pretty much stayed in place before disappearing.

At 10:13 p.m. I saw to the NNW of me, in the same area that the previous nights UFO’s appeared, a brilliant, “crystalline,” green-blue, flashing light, about the size of a pea at arms length. It was no more than 4 or 5 miles away from me, well inside of the horizon. It would come on for a short second, go off for a short second, etc. 5 to 7 times each time it came on. It would stay off for perhaps a minute or two before coming back on. After the first 4 or 5 times that it came on, it started slowly getting dimmer, and then I realized that it was moving way from me, just west of NNW, at an angle out to sea.

I watched this object for about 20 minutes before the !#@#%! Sand flies drove me off the beach. I quickly went home across the street, soaked myself in OFF, and went back to my location. By this time, 10:40, the light had turned mostly white with a bit of green in, and was barely visible with the naked eye. It was still within the horizon though, close to 7 miles away. I was watching it with my binoculars when the flashing became a consistent on and off, in a strange way. It would take a long second to come on to the brightness that it would get, like on a slow dimmer switch, and then go off like a switch was thrown. stay I was somewhat, and the thought that came to mind was that it was “struggling, huffing and puffing,” getting to where it was just visible with my binocs. Then, and this was scary, it brightened one last time and stayed on for a full second, and “shot” what looked like a short beam of light, or the light from some kind of a projectile, nearly straigh! t up in the air! The section of “light beam” that I saw was maybe 60 to 80 feet long, perhaps even longer, as it was some distance away. I guess it resembled the flash that comes out of the muzzle of a gun. With 0 degrees being straight up, I would say that this short “beam flash” was at 10 degrees off of vertical, and toward the NW. It seemed like the flash was going away from me and to the left a bit – it was very clearly defined. I heard no sounds and it rather shocked and scared me when this happened. I saw nothing else for about 10 minutes and I was glad to go home.

I’ve been lucky enough to see some really strange things out here, and even seeing a “normal” UFO seems like it would have been better that this. I have absolutely no clue as to what it was that I was watching, especially considering that it changed colors and changed its rate of pulsations. To think that it may have shot something up in the air just frightens me.

While writing this report, and after having thought about it for a while, the color of this light was greener than the blue-green light I had filed in “Sighting #9” for July 12, 2013.

FOOTNOTE: I went back out the following night from 9:15 to 11:00 p.m. and saw nothing at all. I got rained out the following two nights, and the next report, #27, brings my reporting up to date.