NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/15/2013 17:57 (Entered as : 11/15/2013 17:57)
Reported: 11/22/2013 12:14:16 PM 12:14
Posted: 12/2/2013
Location: Berlin, CT
Shape: Chevron
Duration:~2 minutes
It was about a few minutes just after 6:00 PM, November 15, 2013. Berlin, CT.

Visibility was clear, and I observed stars and other aircraft during the incident.

I was in my car at the middle school parking lot, waiting to pick up my child.

The school is located on a hill, and as I looked to the east, I noticed a formation of solid red lights. They were far enough away to appear as small dots.

There seemed to be 4 sets of 3 lights. All were moving at the same speed. (Objects moved slightly faster than a prop plane, but slower than I normally see jets travel at.) No blinking lights were observed – just solid red. They were in a triangular /chevron formation – 3 lights per triangle – so 4 triangles/chevrons. Looked a bit like this: < < < <, the points and ends being where the lights were located, but more horizontally oriented.

I watched from my car for a few seconds, and then got out of my car to step up on the low wall of the planter in front of the school, to try to further observe the lights.

All of the lights appeared to be at the same altitude, and equidistant from each other. All were moving together.

My first impression was of a military convoy/formation of some sort – but no flashing lights were visible – just the solid red.

I observed the formation move slowly from south to north, approximately over the town of Cromwell.

I lost sight of the grouping of lights after they went behind the trees which blocked my view from the parking lot.

I observed at least 3 other planes at the same time – at different altitudes and traveling in different directions one to the south west, one to the south east and one nearly directly overhead – and was able to hear noise from all 3 – but no noise from the convoy.

Approximate duration of incident was about 2 minutes. There were no other witnesses.