NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/30/2013 21:20 (Entered as : 11/30/13 21:20)
Reported: 12/1/2013 7:34:41 PM 19:34
Posted: 12/2/2013
Location: Missoula, MT
Shape: Oval
Duration:15 minutes
Bright whitish/gold orbs travelled south at tree level down Rattlesnake Creek in MIssoula, Montana

At approximately 9:20 pm on the night of November 30, 2013 I was packing some bags out to the truck and noticed two bright lights to the north. Our house is located up Rattlesnake Creek about 1.5 miles north of the Clark Fork River and considered a part of Missoula, Montana. This area is not a regular airplane route, especially at night, so I paid particular attention to the lights. When I first spotted the two lights they were maybe 2-3 miles to the north and just above the trees. They were heading south, down Rattlesnake Creek, at a uniform speed, with one behind the other and at the same altitude. The large pines along the creek occasionally obstructed my view of the moving lights. Initially I thought that they may be two helicopters with search lights looking for something or someone. As they continued south they became larger to the eye and I could see that they were more orb-like and rather large. They were round or oblong in shape and bright white to gold in color with a red aura near the back end. It appeared that they were only a couple hundred feet above the ground and when they were within about 1 mile of our home the trailing orb dimmed and went straight up in the air at a high speed and disappeared within a couple of seconds. The leading orb continued down the creek for another few seconds, then, it too dimmed and headed straight up in the sky light the other one also disappearing in a couple of seconds.

This initial encounter lasted about 5 minutes because I had enough to time to run back into the house to yell for my wife to “Hurry, come out, there’s a UFO!” and still continue to monitor the orbs. My wife made it out after the 3rd call for the last 20 seconds of the sightings. She went back in the house to get her boots and coat on and shortly after coming back outside, we saw two more orbs in the same area to the north that I first saw the original two. They were heading in same direction, with the same spacing, altitude and speed as the first ones. These two orbs were the same shape and color and travelled further south down the creek. Then as the first two did, the trailing orb dimmed and went straight up in the sky at a fast rate of speed quickly disappearing. The lead orb came within ½ mile of our house and looked to be quite large and bright. It appeared to be no more than 100-200 feet above ground and then it too dimmed and went straight up at a high rate of spe! ed disappearing in a second or two. During both encounters the orbs did not make any distinguishable sound. This second encounter also lasted about 5 minutes and was over at about 9:35.