|Occurred : 1/19/2014 17:05 (Entered as : 01/19/2014 17:05)
Reported: 1/20/2014 4:11:51 PM 16:11
Location: Honolulu, HI
Duration:10 seconds or less
The object was caught on my camera while taking pictures of a rainbow off the eastern end of Oahu, Hawaii at exactly 17:05:54 on Sunday, 1/19/14. The camera used is a Sony NEX6 16mp with a 50mm lens that has a crop factor of 1.5X. Thus the lens is really 75mm. I shot the picture with an apeture of f8.
Below are highlights of my observation:
1. A previous shot taken at 17:05:50 does not have the object; neither does a shot right after at 17:06:01...so it appears the object covered almost 3/4 through the view in 4 seconds or less and disappeared from the view in 7 seconds or less.
2. The object in sight seems to be much larger than the boat shown in the picture to bottom left of the rainbow.
3. I did not hear any loud jet/helicopter sound, noise nor see it while taking pictures. I only noticed afterward while reviewing the pictures that night (last night).
4. I took the shots on the ridge above the famous Hanauma Bay, Oahu Hawaii. The area on Google Map is Portlock Hawaii.
5. Distance from where I took the shot to the rainbow my guess is perhaps around 2-4 miles away.
Pictures to follow...
((NUFORC Note: The photos of interest show tiny, blurry objects. We suspect they are birds in flight. PD))