NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 2/17/2015 20:05 (Entered as : 02/17/15 20:05)
Reported: 2/25/2015 7:04:05 AM 07:04
Posted: 3/6/2015
Location: Franklin, IN
Shape: Triangle
Duration:4-5 minutes
triangle hovered low for several minutes and went nne slowly and silently.

  --Lat, long,-- (39.536510, -86.077044) --GPS coordinates-- 39° 32' 11.4360'' N86° 4' 37.3584'' W I was working delivering pizzas on February 17th, 2015 and it was about 8:05pm. We had several inches of fresh snow and it was still overcast, no stars or moon. I was pulling up to a red light (A) on US-31 at the Franklin/Whiteland town line, central Indiana, USA. I was the only car at the intersection. I was pulling up to the light, facing east and i noticed two lights right behind the tree tops off to my 1 o'clock, they didn't seem to be moving but i didn't think twice about it because sometimes planes seem to be standing still from the right angle.

I came to stop, checked it was clear and saw the two lights, white, steady on, still hadn't moved. And i noticed they were pretty far apart, roughly a city block and tilted down to the (my) right maybe 20°. I'm guessing ¼mi to ½mi. away(B).

I turned right on the red light, eyes now glued to the lights looking for distinction. As i moved south down US-31 a third light came in to view to the right of the first two. Nearly the same! distance apart it appeared, it was also white but flashed red at a little faster than once per second. I drove nearly a quarter mile, under the speed limit, rolling down the window, turning off the music and heat, and staring.

I pulled over (C) realizing how unsafe i was being, silently watching, as it remained static, pitched, for around two full minutes.

At this point i had still not heard any noises that wasn't one of the ten cars that passed me the entire time or my jaw hitting the road outside. After the approximate two minutes of watching three lights and hearing no sounds the aircraft leveled off allowing me to see the two white lights move together and reveal there was no further leading parts of the aircraft ahead of those points. Straight across that edge. After leveling it continued to pitch, this time to the NNW at maybe 10° and began moving, blunt edge first, in that direction.

I saw it start moving and threw my car into gear and zipped to the next pass thru in! the median watching it the best i could. Still almost no traf! fic i wa s able to get going north bound before it got far. It didn't leave quickly, just suddenly. I'm having trouble estimating it's speed, it seemed to triple mine at the least, but not shockingly fast, no bright flash or anything. I got turned around and up to 60mph+ and was looking at the tailing end of it. The craft never ascended or descended. Remained just a few hundred feet off of the ground. I never saw any other lights, or heard any sounds. Even though i was able to watch it from two different positions I never got a glimpse of its silhouette, just the shape of the three lights and the angle change when it pitched forward at the "front" before it left. I followed the best I could, maybe 30 seconds watching the two steady white lights at the sides, and the white light flashing red centered right in between them, until it again faded behind the tree tops a few miles ahead of me in straight line(D). I saw no other planes helicopters or crafts any time before or after.