NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 10/31/2016 00:25 (Entered as : 10/31/2016 00:25)
Reported: 10/31/2016 1:12:15 AM 01:12
Posted: 11/4/2016
Location: Columbia, SC
Shape: Light
Duration:~1-2 seconds
Orange orb-shaped light arcing across the sky towards horizon at high speed

I am a 17-year old male, currently done with high school, and am employed. I am on two medications, ((deleted)) and ((deleted)), which are used to treat ((deleted)). These medications have not caused hallucinations during the 2+ years I have been taking them. This is my first sighting of something like this, although I've read very much about UFOs and seen many photos and videos of strange objects in the sky, but no videos I've seen match exactly what I saw.

Very early this morning (Oct. 31 2016) I was sitting at my desk, which faces a window, while watching videos on my laptop. Sitting at my desk and looking up, the sky takes up about 40% of my window, with my neighbor's house and yard toward the left side of the window taking up the other 60%.

At about 12:25 AM (00:25), a sudden moving light in the sky caused me to be distracted from what I was doing and tilt my head to get a better view of the light, adding about 10% more of the sky to my view.

The light was an orb/circle shape and was moving very fast, much faster than any plane I've seen in person, including military jets (at high altitudes). It was bright orange in color. The orb was, from my perspective, about the size of a quarter. I can't accurately estimate the altitude because the sky was dark at the time of the sighting.

The orb flew into my view from the area of the sky to the right of my house and seemed to curve in a flattened, inverted U shape, like a ball being thrown, while moving away towards the horizon.

The light disappeared after about 1 second of flight from where I saw it; it could have been in flight longer but I can't be sure because I only saw it once it came into my view of the sky.

After 3 hours, I have seen no other lights.