NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/10/2016 21:00 (Entered as : 11-10-2016 21:00)
Reported: 11/10/2016 10:27:07 PM 22:27
Posted: 11/11/2016
Location: Lake Tanis, TN
Shape: Light
Duration:2 minutes
Two blinking red lights stayed equal distance apart, one followed the other directly in line.

Approximately 9pm on November 10, in Lake Tansi Village, Tennessee, I was outside looking toward the North/Northwestern sky and saw a blinking red light, it was very red and very bright. I could see it through the tree line in the distance. At first I thought maybe it was a light you would see on top of a radio tower although I have never seen a radio tower light in that direction. Then the light appeared above the tree line followed by another very bright blinking red light about 5 seconds later directly in line behind the first light. They would blink alternating about one second apart and did that the entire time I saw this. I noticed it coming toward me. As the first blinking red light passed overhead I saw only the light and heard no sound. The second light seemed to be following the exact same path as the first light and when it was overhead I could see what looked like a normal aircraft with wings and the blinking red light on the nose. I'm pretty good ! at estimating distance and would guess it was a few thousand feet in altitude. The distance between the red lights were probably 3000-4000 feet. They did not look like they were independent of each other, it appeared as if the first light was guiding the second light/craft or almost like a tractor beam. Between the first light and second there was nothing visible, just dark sky but seemed to be attached to each other. It proceeded toward the South/Southwest and then the first light banked to the left about 60-90 degrees and the second light did the same as if it was attached to the first light. At that point I lost sight of it behind trees. I estimate it was traveling 300-400mph. When I first saw both lights I pulled out my phone and recorded it as it came toward me and overhead, but when I played back the video, there was nothing.