NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 11/28/2016 00:00 (Entered as : 11/28/16 0:00)
Reported: 11/29/2016 2:20:56 PM 14:20
Posted: 12/5/2016
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Shape: Unknown
Duration:1 minute
Strange high-pitched frequencies and a beam of electric light going downwards diagonally before quickly vanishing.

Me and the other witness were going out to smoke some cigarettes and everything was muffled under the first snowfall of the year. After a few smokes we began to hear these bizarre, high-pitched noises. I mean, the noises we were hearing were otherworldly. Witness 2 is a bird-watcher and says there is nothing like that in nature (not to mention our nature is pretty limited in this town). If I could compare the noise to anything it would be a zipline made of electricity. There were two of the same noises, each which lasted about half a second yet created a distinct Doppler effect. When me and my friend slowly went outside to see what the hell was going on there were birds flying from the direction of the noise (in a dead, snowy night) we could tell that the noises were almost communicating with each other. Then all of a sudden the noises came again and the most ridiculous thing in my life. At the moment they made the final noise there was this streak of electricity moving faster than I've seen anything move yet trailing a tail of what in the brief time I could see it appeared to be electricity. So naturally at first I attributed it to something hitting a telephone wire or something. But when I walked further out to get a view I realized there never was and never has been a telephone pole in that direction for a long ways. The closest one is strung along the opposite direction. I have not believed in anything UFO related up until this point, but this is the second encounter I've had this week. I'm actually wary of publicizing it on here but I will include it in another report since it was almost a week prior from this and the 2nd witness involved was not present.