NUFORC Home Page
Web Report Indexes : by Event Date | by Location | by Shape | by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center
Sighting Report
Occurred : 8/30/2017 20:15 (Entered as : 08/30/17 20:15)
Reported: 8/31/2017 7:21:51 PM 19:21
Posted: 9/5/2017
Location: Miami, AZ
Shape: Circle
Duration:1 minute
I saw 3 orbs of light that had emitted themselves from one another then disappear.

8/30/2017 I was driving to Mesa, AZ, from Globe, AZ, via the US 60. I had already cleared the city, and was well on my way through the back country of the US 60 when the siting occurred. It was roughly 20:15 and the sun was still setting to the west. However, to the east, the sky was already dark.

As I came around a bend on the highway, I glanced towards a dark empty part of the sky. The bearing of my sight was roughly 120 degrees SSE. I noticed a light in the sky that appeared to have a reddish orange glow. Upon further inspection, I noticed this light was more of an orb positioned just over the horizon, but close enough to tell that it was not a star in the sky.

The orb was so odd looking that I could not focus on anything but the light, only taking my eyes off it to glance back at the road. Having a background in aviation communications I was quick to make the judgement that this was not an anti-collision light of any sort and not an aircraft light that I had seen in the past. The glow was almost incandescent as opposed to having an LED appearance. The orb did not waver at all. It held its position, and that’s what I found so odd about it.

About 15-20 seconds in, the orb shot out an additional orb to the east of it. The second orb maintained the same position once it shot out from the first orb. Both orbs now were the same exact size and luminosity. If I were to guess they were about 100 feet away from each other in the sky.

It was also apparent that the second orb traveled from the first orb to its position because a slight tracer of light was visible; the second orb did not just appear. It traveled from the first orb to its position. At this point, there were two identical orbs in the sky and just as I thought that was crazy enough, a third orb shot out from the second orb. Now 3 identical orbs maintained their positions in the sky. They did not move or flicker.

Roughly 10-15 seconds after that, they all disappeared rather quick, almost as if they quickly! faded, but it was hard to tell.

I will attempt to display what I saw.

* 5-10 seconds * <- * 10-20 seconds * <-* * 20-30 seconds (GONE AFTER ROUGHLY 1 MINUTE)

((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the witness, and he seemed to us to be quite sober-minded and sincere. We suspect he is a highly credible witness. PD))