Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/21/2004 19:26 (Entered as : 03/21/2004 19:26)
Reported: 3/21/2004 9:29:21 PM 21:29
Posted: 3/23/2004
Location: Kingfisher, OK
Shape: Triangle
Duration: 10 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object, The object landed
triangle shaped brightly lighted ufo

Today, March 21, 2004, My friend and I saw a strange object in the sky at 7:26 p.m. on our way into Kingfisher, OK on Hwy 3.

I was driving; therefore, I was unable to watch the entire time. It had just gotten dark and we noticed what we thought was a plane above the trees on the road. My friend mentioned that it was really low to the ground and I said, it was probably near an airport.

There were two very bright, square lights on it. Then it looked like it was going to crash because it was heading straight for the ground and then it would even out. Then the next time I looked at it was hovering straight down, slowly to the ground. It was close enough to see the bright lights, they were separated and I it was not a normal shape, kind of like a triangle, but not close enough to see in detail so we decided to turn around (it was about a mile until we turned because it was a highway) and we went toward the lights, on the same route, which we could still see through the trees.

We then turned on the nearest road to the lights, and discovering it was a cemetery I decided that were not going to drive around in the middle of the night, so we turned around and went back on the road to see if we could just stop on the side somewhere.

About 45 seconds after we turned around the lights disappeared, or turned off. I was not going to submit anything until I saw a similar sighting just 12 days before in Kansas. I have never believed in this before, but what I saw was not something that I normally see.

((NUFORC Note: We spoke with this witness via telephone, and she seemed quite sincere to us. The case is under investigation by MUFON/Oklahoma, which had an investigator on site within 4-5 hours of the incident. PD))

((NUFORC Note: As of July 2005, we are still awaiting a report from MUFON/Oklahoma. NUFORC has heard nothing, despite several attempts on our part to get the investigators to submit even a brief summary report of their findings. PD))