Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/19/2006 12:00 (Entered as : 06/19/2006 12:00)
Reported: 6/19/2006 3:28:35 PM 15:28
Posted: 7/16/2006
Location: Boise, ID
Shape: Unknown
Duration: 5-10 minutes
Characteristics: There were lights on the object, The object changed color

A large object viewed from 2nd floor lunchroom at St.alphonsus hospital during bright daylight lunch hour. Witnessed by lab personel as well as 3 physicians and nurses. About 15 witnesses in all. The flying object entered from southeast at rapid rate and came to immediate stop over the city of Boise. It appeared to be at the same altitude that we were watching from, which was probably 2 0r 3 hundred feet higher that downtown area. From our position it appeared to be directly over the State Capitol. From our position, one could not determine its exact shape, because we had mostly a side view. It would be like looking at a disc from its side view. Its height to widith ratio would be like 1 to 300. It appeared to be either metallic or glasslike in nature. I was much longer than any commercial aircraft. It refracted colors sequentially along its entire width, and looked like how windows look from a distance when sunlite refracts off their surface. When it departed, it instantly accelerated at a phenonmenal speed and disappered over Bogus Basin to the north of Boise, about 20 miles from the city. It had no gas trail, and of course we were too far from the object to determine if there was any noise. The peculiar fact was there was nothing in the local news after the event. I was asked to call airport and see if they had it on radar.

I walked over to the lunchroom checkout counter and used the public phone and called the Boise tower. I was given a UFO report number at Mountain Home air force base and made the call. I cannot recall to whom I spoke, but it was an officer, and he was anxious to receive all the information. After speaking with him for about 5-10 minutes, and answering all his questions, I asked him he he could confirm this sighting. He replied, that they had picked up the object somewhere south of Salt Lake City and had lost it as it moved toward the North Pole. He also willing told me that the object's speed was in excess of 6500 miles per hour. He said that the airforce had nothing in its arsenal near that speed. he thanked me and I have never told this story to the public before.

((NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. PD))