Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 6/10/2008 09:57 (Entered as : 06/10/08 09:57)
Reported: 6/10/2008 11:11:56 AM 11:11
Posted: 6/12/2008
Location: Taylorsville, UT
Shape: Circle
Duration: 3 min.
Characteristics: There were aircraft in the vicinity or aircraft chasing the object
Two multiple UFO sighting in SLC, UT. Two objects in first sighting, three in the second.

This occurred on June 10th, 2008 from 09:57-10:01am I was on my way home from college at Salt Lake Community College, and I was looking up in the sky at the incoming northbound air traffic to the Salt Lake International airport, when I noticed two silver circular objects spaced about an inch apart from each other from my point of view. They were over a building to my left, and they moved in and out closer to each other then farther apart so I at first just thought they were escaped helium balloons. But every time they moved apart, they never split apart past the distance I first viewed them at. An airplane came into view beneath the objects from the left, and I realized they were very high up in the sky and had to be very big, and couldn't be balloons. When I looked back after glancing at the airplane they had vanished.

This puzzled me, because if they really were balloons they would have gotten smaller or drifted to a location near where I first saw them. I was walking for the most part of watching the objects; 30 seconds later two incoming airplanes are headed to the airport at the same time, about two inches apart from my point of view, as I watched them go left to right, I saw the objects again, this time over a field to my right, but there were three objects this time. They were still in one spot not moving across the sky, but they were in a triangular formation, and they rotated in place as though they were on a wheel. The three silver objects were again the same distance away from each other as they rotated, like a perfect triangle, before coming in together and they got into a formation where they looked like they were stacked one on top of the other with no space in between; like toy blocks stacked on top of each other.

I suddenly got the chills while I watched them, they started to move apart again, I decided I had to call someone when I reached for my cell phone, however, I must have moved my eye sight a bight because all of a sudden they were gone, completely vanished. I scanned the sky all over in case they appeared again but they never did. Weather conditions were completely clear, the sky was completely blue, and had no clouds in it at the time of the sightings. The only objects in the sky were the airplanes which were much bigger and closer than the objects.

Each sighting lasted about one minute, and the time between the two sightings was about 30 seconds to one minute.