Report Indexes : by Event Date  by Location  by Shape  by Posting Date

National UFO Reporting Center Sighting Report
Occurred : 2/17/2021 00:00 (Entered as : 02/17/21 0:00)
Reported: 2/18/2021 3:25:39 AM 03:25
Posted: 3/2/2021
Location: Auckland (New Zealand),
Shape: Light
Duration: 4:00
Characteristics: There were lights on the object, The object emitted other objects, The object emitted beams, The object changed color, The object landed, Entities were seen
Bright white light with smaller green lights hovering and moving around for four hours at northland beach

The following sighting is a true account of a sighting and is recorded as follows.

We were staying at a holiday destination in Tapeka Point, Russell, New Zealand when we noticed two green lights next to each other around 200 meters from our house up at the end of the beach. The lights were above the water’s edge and around 50 meters above the water. They were both stationery for 30 minutes, then started moving at 90-degree angles down to the water and back up to their original positions. Additional lights seemed to come from them, flying around in erratic movements. The green lights shot beams of light down to the water and there were other lights moving upwards from the water through the beams.

Another much larger very bright white pulsating light appeared above the green lights. This light appeared to grow and morph in shape and changed colour between white, orange, red. This intense bright light made its way along the beach front like it was searching for something, all the while pulsating and lighting up the trees, beach and sky.

At one point the white light object landed on the beach with pulsating white and orange lights. We also saw figures at three different occasions walking around the beach and nearby park. These figures were seen when the bright light was lighting up the beach and the next-door property which is a park. It seemed they were warning us off with bright flashing lights beaming into or near our section while we were watching them.

We called the police and we were on the phone to them for a considerable time throughout. This was a hard call to make as it sounds crazy, however we had to make it as we were all very scared and had young children in the house and did not know what to do. The police did not come out in the end as it was a two-hour drive and we agreed to call them if things escalated.

This whole episode lasted for four hours. There were three of us watching this unfold, from the house and front deck and trying not to be seen. It was very scary as we were so close to this event.

Around four in the morning, the green lights disappeared, and the pulsating white light stayed a short while after then slowly moved away towards the deeper waters and disappeared into the water.